General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
yummymummy :wave:
There was a Greggs pastry shop at Manchester Airport, last week, it's in the Terminal One Arrivals area.
x lassi
thanks lassi :cheers , no wonder i didnt see it then :rofl

I think it would be quite handy if they had a pasty shop in departures, this time we arent travelling with our son, but i think a pasty shop would come in handy for young children.
Inflight meal for me every time, love them!!!! looking forward to mine in 7 weeks, breakfast we will get, I love there yummy hash browns.... I always enjoy it....and my fella does... :cheers
Interesting fact: Due to cabin pressure and altitude, your taste buds are far less sensitive. That is why food on aeroplanes is often bland! Airlines spend a lot of money - especially on the First/Business Class - researching edible food for travel. Obviously the budget airlines don't!
Things are often made spicier and more aggressive especially for airlines! :really
There are Greggs shops in a few airports now and they do lovely pasties!
I always buy their Chargrilled chicken sandwich for the plane.Beats the Aldo Zilli food any day. :rofl
Just off to check if there's a Greggs at Stansted as I'm flying with Ryanair to Denmark next month. I know it's only a short flight, but have got another hour's drive the other end. BA to Tunis in September and they do provide a free meal, but for the past couple of trips it's been just a rather grotty sandwich so I'll have a meal in Weatherspoons first.
got to be a Inflight meal every time for me , thats part of going on a plane
best meal we ever had was flying to dalaman with Mytravel yummy . Flying with Thomson this year an early flight so will probably be a breakfast .
I've just checked and there's no Greggs at Stansted. I'll either have to have something at L'Est Bar or a nice meal and glass of wine at Wetherspoons.
i have gone long haul a couple of times and the meals have been included and they were yummy, but went to corfu a few years ago and got the inflight meals, on the way out they were quite nice but on the way back as it was early morning it was a breakfast one and it was yuck, i just dont like scrambled eggs and it was worse as they were like rubber but hubby enjoyed it, since then we havent bothered, we just get a bit of brekky at the airport and get some crisps n stuff from boots, mainly just to keep the kids occupied :)
In Flight meals are just a way of breaking up the flight for me - nothing to do with nutrition :) . I would not pay for them if they were not included in the price for anything less than 3 hours.

We fly from Cardiff whenever possible and the facilities are limited to say the least. Not only expensive but not that special either so we tend to buy a nice sandwich to eat there . a few bottles of water in departure and start the holiday on take off!

lally
We always have the inflight meals. It's less to carry onto the plane, it passes the time and I've never had one that was completely inedible. They are not michelin star food but they'll do.

Usually we have to pay extra for them on a first choice/thomson flight. Can't remember if they are thrown in with a premium upgrade or not but nevertheless we've always had one.

It is all part of the holiday experience for me!
We've always gone for the in-flight meals and always eaten them, but for the last few years our youngest has flatly refused to even look at it.

I think £70 for a family of 5 is far too much for a warmed up meal. I wouldn't pay that in a restaurant!! (Am I tight?)

This year we're flying from Glasgow to Malaga so it's not a lengthy flight but we will not be having in-flight meals and we'll just get some bits and pieces from the departure lounge there.

Incidentally, the Greggs in Newcastle Airport in in the checking in area and not in departures so you have to eat them before you go through to departures. There is a burger king though which is the same price as the high street I think.

10 weeks and 1 day to wait!!! :sun2 :sun2
went to pick up tickets yesterday and lady said no inflight meals booked? ahh so had to pay £24. as this holiday cost £218o+ i thought plane meals included. oh well we do usuallu enjoy themxxphxx
:duh
i didn't take inflight meals when i booked my 2010 holiday yesterday, we're flying at 6.35am so I'm now thinking there's probably nowhere open at 5am to get something to eat...although having said that...do the crew on the flight know who's paid for meals? Seen as most seats are allocated at check in? I've not booked meals before and been given them anyway, maybe we'll be lucky, otherwise i'll just maybe add them on!
Incidentally, the Greggs in Newcastle Airport in in the checking in area and not in departures so you have to eat them before you go through to departures

I was under the impression that food could be taken through security to departures and then onto the plane, providing it's wrapped. I was intending buying sandwiches etc at Greggs to eat onboard as we weren't offered an inflight meal. Can someone please clarify this. Thanks .
Hi,
Of course you can take your food through to the departures.The only thing you are not allowed is any liquids more than 150ml.You will have no problem with your food.
Liquid restrictions are containers must hold no more than 100ml not 150ml but food is no problem
In flight meals are part of the holiday experience, good or bad I think the flight wouldn't be the same without it. Saying that for 4 of us thats £48, = two good chinese take away. I don't pay for them, they have always been included in the price but if I fly with thomas cook I will think twice, its not worth £6 each way for what you get, must be another nice little earner for the airlines.

Biggest nice little earner the airlines have is sit together, it really cost £6 each way to sit people together, I don't pay it and have always sat with my family. In my experience the seat number you go out on is often the seat number you will have on the way back.

I don't care if I get stuck by myself because there is always a nice person next to me to annoy with non stop talking :rofl
Sorry, my mistake about taking food through to departures. I didn't think you could but I was wrong, sorry folks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.