Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi,

I am going to Tunisia on Monday for 12 days. We booked through Expedia and are flying BA. It is just the flight and hotel and doesn't include transfers but we found the price really reasonable. Can't wait to go now!
Hi
We too are doing it ourselves this time more from the convenience of dates than price but its not working out expensive. Booked a BA flight from their website (£299 inc taxes return for two) and found a hotel on the web site half board for 15 Euros a night each. We will have to pay for transfers but getting a "lift" from one of the tour operators isnt expensive either. Panorama had some deals online ie two weeks b&b for £299 each 3rd October
How much did you end up having to pay for your hols?
Hi,

Hotels in Tunisia are really very good value and inexpensive compared to the other side of the Med. Even in a package the largest part of the cost is accounted for by the flight, hence why it doesn't cost that much more to go for 2 weeks and why 7 night holidays look such poor value in comparison. As far as I'm aware it's always been the case that you pay almost as much for one week as you usually pay for two. It's also the reason why Tunisia is such a good value destination for lone travellers - single supplements are either non-existent or negligible.

The time you're going might have a bearing on the cost too depending on when and where you're flying from. 'A couple of weeks' takes you into the Scottish half-term season and if you're flying from Scotland you'll see a big jump in prices. I live in Scotland and have often gone to Tunisia in early October and have found the saving worth the hassle of flying from either Manchester or even Gatwick. One year it was cheaper to fly BA to Gatwick to connect with a Gatwick departure than pay the supplement to fly direct from Glasgow with the TO!

SM
Travelled in August with Thompsons. Compared their prices with Panorama and they were considerably cheaper. However, it was Wednesday flights and not everyone wants to travel mid week.
Have you tried DirectHolidays.co.uk? My local travel agent usually gives me the best prices, but this company can beat them by £400! 2 weeks HB in August next year 2 adults and 1 child for just under £1100!
thanks to everyone for replying.

We do usually go during May and October so probably this is why we are paying so much more.

And we dont usually go for a week so yes two weeks is better value and we will make sure we have two weeks next year rather than the one.

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday.

Thanks again.
hi to everyone were going july booked with panarama cost us 1350.00 for 2adults 2 children but booked for 4 adults in twin rooms as it was better for us they could have there own room next to ours with ajoyning doors cant wait to go :) hope this will help
Where are you staying this time? I've also noticed the tour operators' prices seem to have gone up this year. I'm going out to Sousse on April 23rd for a couple of weeks and have booked the flights (BA into Tunis using my Airmiles for £106 as I did in October). I'll still leave it a couple of weeks before sorting out a hotel, either through Alpharooms or by contacting hotels direct. A lot depends on where you want to fly from. I would have preferred Stansted but as Panorama and Airtours have a monopoly there it keeps prices up, so I settled for Gatwick. In October I got the El Hana Residence in Sousse for just over £100 for a week. A nice smile and about 30 dinars in the right hands got me moved to a lovely room overlooking the pool and beach!
I think that as more and more countries have fallen to the Euro, as such we(british) are looking further afield for a cheap holiday and more and more people are giving Tunisia a try - short flight, great beaches, sun and CHEAP. So from here at least demand is on the rise so TA's are cashing in. Look how many people are posting on here now saying "first time to Tunisia usually go to Turkey" but are finding Turkey is getting expensive
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.