Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Info needed
10 Posts
suntan lotion and a smile :wink: medicines are cheaper in goa as is everything else you might want to take so get it there
my son is on my passport, is that ok or does he need his own passport

Im sure you can still travel with your son on your passport until either your passport expires or when he turns 16. You will need to declare this on your visa application form but im not sure if you have to pay extra for your son( visa)
Email the london indian embassy, you will get a prompt reply as i emailed them asking about my visa application and they replied within 24 hours
I would say make sure when you arrive at the airport you have kept a bottle of water handy as it can take a while for luggage to appear and it gets very hot and busy.
Children need seperate passports, The info I read said children still accepted on parents passports but I double checked with British Passport office and Indian consulate general in Birmingham and High commision in London. Also they have raised the length of validity from 6 months to 8 months to be left on your passport from the date of return.
Thank you all for your reply's, we go on the 25 March so i had better get a move on, will have to get my son his own passport then :?
thanks crystal xxx
Hi all just an update about my son being on my passport, well i phoned the Indian high comm in London and was told my son needs his own passport, well as we go next saturday 25th it was impossible as to get a childs passport takes a week so after reading some of the previous threads i phoned Birmingham high comm and they told me that i was allowed to take him on my passport :lol: so the next day i went from london to birmingham, got our visa's alot of queuing, but i didn't care as long as they would let him travel on my passport. When i asked why London wouldn't do this they said they had a different forms from London so it was ok :D
hiya i know for a fact you can take your son on your passport as i took my daughter on my passport and whilst out there contracted an ear infection so had to stay another 10 days and laura had to stay with me as she was on my passport, and first choice put us up in a hotel for the 10 days and i had about 7 months or so left on my passport how long have you got left on it?? it also means you have to get 1 visa insted of 2email me if you want any more info on the subject maggieomx
Hi maggie wish i could have spoken with you earlier, i have been so worried, as when i was getting our visa's a lady said that she had read that a lady had been arrested at Goa airport for not having a seperate passport for her child. Well i got my GP to sign my sons photo, and his school to write a letter saying he was going on holiday with me etc, and again signed his photo! I have another 2 years left on my passport.
Thanks for your maggie :D
not a problem i was real lucky my passport with laura on it ran out when she was 16 so it was time to get a new one for her if she wanted to go away without me, have a good time maggieomx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.