General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Could it be blocked sinuses Lyn? Perhaps she should have a word with her GP.

luci :wave
ive had it happen to me before,went to the docs and he told me it was air pockets in my head,ive never felt pain like it before,gladly it only happened on 1 occassion,but still worry every time i fly now,i thought my head was going to explode,the doc said there was nothing he could advise :que
I had a similar problem with one ear [after a bought of infections] mucus had built up and blocked the Eustachian tube [connects the back of the ear to the throat] which stopped the air pressure equalising properly, the ear drums still popped but it took time for the air pressure to equalise

wiz
I thought sinus problem but I suppose that's the only thing I think of . Both of those instances sound similar but she has always had it when flying (since a child) so it sounds like something more permanent . It's never been as bad though as when we went to Cuba which is why we thought it was connected to long haul flights going to a higher level.

Sounds like she needs to pay the doctor a visit but not sure if anything can be done .

I'm sure the extra pressure of knowing it's going to happen wont have helped .Like you Kevin I'm sure it's a huge worry.

lyn
Hi, I suffer from migraines and used to get lots of headaches flying as it can bring on dehydration. I now drink gallons of water and no alcohol (also dehrydrates you). I get excruitiating pain in my ears usually only going down though. A stewardess once saw me and handed me a glass of water to "sniff". It contained methol crystals in hot water and it never fails. As soon as the "seat belt" light goes on I ask for a little hot water in a glass and put a few (very few) menthol crystals into the water an inhale all the way down to landing. It is an absolutely fab tip because I don't think I would fly anywhere these days if I hadn't found it. Possible worth a try. Menthol crystals available from Boots pharmacy counter for about £1.50. I have to mention, it makes your eyes water a bit but definately worthwhile for me. If the doctor can't offer any help, no harm in trying.
Might be worth trying Earplane earplugs. Haven't tried them myself but I know someone who swears by them. They sell them in Boots.
Thanks for all your suggestions. will certainly be looking into them all. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.