Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
What time of June are you there?
THe week upto the 24th is a great time to be in Alicante,especially at night as its the San Juan Fiesta with all sorts happening.There are parades,out door music,fireworks,carnival atmosphere ect ect.Most of the thing take place after dark.

If you were to visit at other times you will find a typical Spanish city that has a great beach,lovely esplanade and promanade and marina.There are things to do and see but I would think they could all be done in a day or two maximum.There is a great castle and a nice old town plus the shops ect on the wide boulevard type streets.

There are many nice restuarants and Tappas bars also.

As I said early the thing I like is the atmosphere of the place at the Fiesta,not too sure wether all these would go down well with your younger party members though.

On a downside I was dismayed last year at the ammount of graffiti in the city - it was everywhere on all buildings and spoiled the impression you would get,hopefully the idiots responsible will have been caught and punished and the things cleaned up
Thanks Wayne

Unfortunately we're there 13-20th June so we'll miss the fiesta.

I think it'd be worth a visit tho, the kids'l love the beach if nothing else!
We're thinking of getting the train through from Benidorm whilst we're there in May.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.