Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Have you booked ? If so, which resort on the Costa del Sol ?

David :wave
David we have booked to go with globespan but we have taken a quare deal and we don't know where we are going on the costa del sol. We are not too bothered where actually we are just hoping its warm and not too quiet. Any info you could give would be much appreciated. :? :D
I hate to put the dampners on your holiday but I think you should be aware that February is normally not a great month weather-wise on the Costa del Sol. To be honest, it can be pretty miserable. If it's rainy in February (Which it normally is) then the chances are you can expect a fair few downpours and storms. If it is miserable weather it will be pretty cold too. Pack waterproofs.

On a positive side, it doesn't rain in bars :D I'm sure if there's a group of you'll have a great time no matter what the weather is like.

If you stay in Fuengirola or Benalmadena, there should be plenty to do over the weekend.

:)
Oh well I am sure you are right and that we will have a great time I just hope the bars are busy.Do you have any advice for what to do if the weather is miserable. Places to go things to see etc. Have you any advice on trips to morocco. Will plan the holiday break around the weather being cold and plan to do things during the day that are indoors. Then at night we will hit the bars.
I have a friend who is there right now. It is fairly busy but it is half term. Downside, it has rained everyday since Friday, 2 days torrentially and today he is in a bar in Fuengirola. The owner has said that it is the worst weather they have seen since February of this year. Sorry to be a downer but like you say, at least the bars are open!!
We stayed this February in Torremolinos, we stayed for 4 nights and had a lovely time.
We had warm weather, tshirts during the day and a jacket at night. I wouldn`t say it was busy but there were enough bars open, the ones we went in had a few people in, busy enough without being overcrowded.

Have a fab time, it`s luck of the draw on the weather but bound to be better than at home.

If the weather is not so good have a train ride into Malaga, take the sightseeing bus around the city, you can hope on and off at the different stops.
Torremolinos has some lovely shops and tapas bars.
Go to Gibraltar for the day.
The list is endless.
Was there in from 7th to 4th Oct in hotel Pez Espada (excellent).

Thought that although the area was busy and lots of people about,all that people seemed to do was sit around in the bars at night, not much entertainment. In my view anyone looking for entertainment would be much better at Benidorm.
The beach and promenade during the day was great though.
the holiday is what you make of it.regardless of weather,i have been going for 14yrs at all months of year,and as said feb can rain ,but on the other hand it is a lot warmer ,and sunnier than uk,and for the bars there are plenty to enjoy,and there is entertainment in many .
Here's web cam to track the weather and temperatures.

http://www.andaluz-tv.de/torremolinos.php?cam=1

I'm going in Feb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.