Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I think that the writing is on the wall, the same way as Air Berlin went when Ethihad pulled the funding. Its sad, but after taking £165 million (i think that was the amount), earlier in the year, someone has to take a view as to whether they will stop bleeding or turn it around. Apart from the odd TV advert, I cannot see anything that has changed to make them have a surviving chance. As the winter approaches (and travel booking numbers going down), if they have not done well over the summer, I fear that they will be in liquidation by the end of the year. Administration may be an option, but who would run the thing without making massive losses finding a new buyer.

Sad times.
Definitely a shame if they have to fold 😞 I've never flown with them as they don't operate flights from our area to our chosen destinations but I know of others who use them.
They were the first airline I flew on to Spain , even then we were transferred by coach from Gatwick to Luton for the flight , I then used them again around 1998 ish long haul and again poorly organised and very delayed flight back ( no EU 261 then ) so I've never used them since , the only airline that has let me down .

With Greybull investments taking over it was only going to go one way , they are just asset strippers .
There are six Qatar A320s on their way to the UK , 4 are going to BHX and 2 to LGW at the request of the CAA in case talks fail with monarch and rescue flights are needed .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.