Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi, Surfer.

I feel for you. Had this many yrs ago. The Merrygo round. As you did I gave in. Since then I only deal with local travel agencies, I may not get the cheapest deal, but at least I can go there in person and beat on their desk if they make a mistake. Once bitten twice shy :D

Cheers

Dave
Hope you have a great holiday. I prefer to book mine over the internet, so if there is a problem then I know it's my fault!
Hi,
Have you asked if they record conversations over the telephone?
We had a dispute a couple of years ago, the company concerned thought they were in the right and said we had to wait until they listened to the tapes and lo and behold WE were in the right and got a refund.
Hi dotchas, yes I did ask them and they said it was only a small percentage of calls that were recorded and that it was very unlikely that ours was one of them. How convenient!!!! I was hoping that might back them into a corner but unfortunately not. Having had this happened to yourselves I'm sure you can appreciate how frustrating it is when you know you are in the right and someone is blantly saying you are not.
Thanks
Surfer chick
x x x x
If you paid via credit card contact them and dispute the payment.
There is proof that you booked the 23rd, if you had leave already booked for that week then why would you book for a different different. You need to make a convincing argument, why would I book a week I can't have off.
If you booked over the phone, and there is no record of the conversation, then it is your word against theirs as to what was agreed. If push came to shove and you decided to dispute such an issue and follow it through with court action to get your money back, the likelyhood is that the courts would take your side. No reasonable person would believe that a customer would choose to book a holiday on dates that they are not free to travel.

Also, under the Consumer Credit Act, if you pay by credit card the credit card company is jointly liable for the proper performance of the contract. In a dispute such as this which is raised before the date of travel, complaining to the credit card company usually pays dividends
hi,

i feel for you, that must have been so so frustrating, when i booked our family holiday with eclipse direct they sent the invoice but one of the names was incorrect - they had my 3 yr old nephew down as a 'miss'...not a major problem but it would have been if i hadnt of noticed and the tickets would have arrived in miss and not master- he wouldnt have been allowed to travel would he?..
when i called them the person who i spoke to said i would have to pay for changing a name!...wasnt even my fault!...so i spoke to the guy who booked our holiday and he was very apologetic and said there was no charge as it was his fault.....
so a happy ending for a change!

hope your experience hasnt put a dampner on yr holiday, callas de mallorca is a lovely place....

have a great holiday,

alison
Hiya i know what you are going through this happened to me and my bf a couple of ago...

they basically got the dates wrong and when we had the confirmation we found out we should of flyed a couple of days befpre recieveing the confirmation...

we were fighting a losing battle all the time, and thought we were nvr going get anywhere so we put it all in writing and after many telephone calls and many broken promises we got our money back, eventually!

Good luck, just keep pushing them!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.