Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Re: Island Escape
168 Posts
Hi There,

Me and my boyfriend have just booked to go on this cruise in June and have been allocated deck 7/8/9 inside. We won't find out which deck until arrival! Hope it will all be ok!
Netty any of the decks you mentioned are in a great location. The Island escape is a lovely friendly ship, it has the personal touch as its not massive and the staff get to know you really quickly. The entertainment is also very good.

Enjoy

Liz Mc
Thanks Liz, we're so excited!

Just a message for all of you who have cruised on the IE before...is there a formal night at all? Like on the other Thomson ships there is a "Captains Cocktail" night, where everyone gets completely dressed up and the guys wear suits etc.

I was wondering if this is the same on the IE or whether its all just casual/informal throughout the trip. This would help us when we start packing!

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon

Nat xx
Hi Natty

No they didn't when we sailed on her but it wasn't owned by Thompsons then, therefore I would check with them.
Hope the shopping is as good as it was when we where on there, I got a designer watch for £40 that was £160 in H Samuels...happy shopping.
Cheers
Thanks Liz!

Another question...which travel adaptor do you need in the cabins? Is it a European 2 pin round one or an American 2 pin flat one?

Sorry for all the questions...but thanks for all your help!

Not long 'till we go now! :cheers
Ok, so family of 4 sharing inside cabin. 2 adults and 2 children aged 16 and 14, £2400 total with drinks package included which I know is a good deal. Having seen the cabins on you......tube though started to get a little worried about lack of space. Phoned Thomson to find out price for 2 x 2 berth cabins (still inside but not bothered about that). Additional cost of £700. So question is, is it worth it? Or do we put up with it for 1 week and have £700 towards spending money?
The problem you have is the two children are pretty much adult, and will not appreciate rubbing up against you in the cabin which is designed for two adults and maybe a small child at a squeeze. Personally would not pay £2400 for 4 people on this ship for a week, never mind £3100....it really is shabby, although the Thomson aspect is good and they do the best they can with the "raw material" available, but be warned about the state of the ship.

Thomson have done themselves no favours by taking on this particular vessel, which is a converted ferry.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.