Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
island hopping
9 Posts
Hi,

To be honest the time of year you are going is the best and you won't struggle at all. It's only when you get to late july through 'til late August that it starts to get a bit more difficult.

I suppose, also, it depends on where you are heading.

You definately picked the best time of year. You will have them flocking around you on the harbour!! Its a bit scary at first but you soon get used to the haggling.

Enjoy
Thanks joeyc for that we are going to wing it.Flight to athens and the next ferry out one port of call will have to be paros.
thanks to every for there help and the link to previous forums was a great help thanks everyone
There is a link above to my previous posting about Island Hopping, all I can add is this year in June it was approximately 30 € per night for a double/twin room with sh/wc on most islands unless it's on a well known expensive one like Mykonos.
No problem to find accommodation in June directly on the island.
There are plenty of rooms/apts available and it will be very easy to find them.
Thanks for all the advice, but have had to change the dates we go so are going 23 June till 15th July will we still have a problem getting somewhere to stay and will the ferries need to be booked . We have booked a room in Athens for one night and ferry to Naxos and one week in and apt but do we need to book anything else . We are loathe to do that as that restricts what and where we go and the idea is to go where the fancy takes us.
Any advice would be very welcome
You will have no problem finding accommodation. It may, however, be a little bit more expensive. I suppose it depends how busy it is.

A good place I've found in Naxos, is a place called Diamantis studios, in Mikri Vigla. Its about 20-30 mins from the port but Nikos, the owner will pick you up. Im going on the 25th June, for three nights and its costing 25 euros per room per night. Good value I reckon.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.