Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
people are too scared of the police and the consequences if one gets caught with cannabis. You will only find if you are seeking.

You have more chance of being offered cannabis in Oxford Street than Tunisia.
aww ok ty all for ur quick responce, so what ya all up 2

Hi please do not post in phone text Briar
I wouldnt worry about cannabis we live in the worst country of all!
you cant go anywhere in this country without seeing someone on druggs! sad people!

duffnufc
when we were in pek last year lots of people were offered it, we were not gues we did`nt look the type. Though we maybe looked to old in our 40s but we met friends older who were offered it.
Because of how it is with drinking, I just presumed that drugs would be treated with really bad results by the locals. If people are being offered it, does that mean its more exceptable? What is the legal side of taking cannabis in Tunisia.
Its illegal over there and if any of the locals were caught trying to sell it they would be in alot of trouble.
In my several trips over there I've never encountered anything to do with drugs at all, nor have I met anyone who has (or at least no one who felt the need to mention it :lol: ). It simply doesn't seem to be part of the culture over there. Obviously that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, especially as ali47 knows people who were offered it, but it's certainly not a problem and shouldn't cause too much concern in considering Tunisia as a holiday destination.

(I've also gotten to know several Tunisians and none of them have mentioned it as either a problem there or something they indulge in)

A.x
The first time we went to Tunisia(2003) we were stopped by 2 local lads and asked if we wanted to buy some.
we were asked last year once in pek and twice in sousse and we was with our two children so i dont think it matters how you look or how old you are.

mandy
Weve been asked once in all the years weve been going to Sousse . im very suprised that they actually approach tourists on the streets . as the police presence is pretty heavy on the streets and they are risking a long jail sentence ...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.