Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I've been on three jeep safaris but have always driven myself. Not one of them seemed to employ nutters to drive (apart from me) so I guess you just have to make sure you know who you are dealing with.
Does anyone know if 5m tours are still working in marmaris,we went on a jeep safari with them a few years back and it was a great day out,we went with another tour operator last year and it wasnt so good. 8)
cockney girl

5m are still in icmeler and marmaris. i have there telephone numbers and address if you need them.

sarah
Yes please sarah,we found them the best tour company a few years back,but when we went 2 years ago made a mistake of going on a cheaper jeep safari and seeing some of the reports on here i would rather pay a little more with the safety of my children in mind.The handbrake of the jeep didnt even work :x
they are really good, i would ecommend them to everyone and i also know one of there guides and jeep drivers and he is excellent.
there address is kayabal cad.48720 icmeler there telephone number is 0252 455 26 19
if you ask for rose and tell her sarah told you to call she will look after you and do you a good deal.
Thanks sarah would that cover marmaris as well as thats where were going?
Just back from hisaronu and have read that a uk tourist has been killed and a further 7 injured as a jeep crashed in to a wall in letoon/salikent nr fethiye on the 7th august.So sorry to here another tragedy with the jeeps.
I'm in Olu Deniz now and the rep told us not to book any jeep safaris (although she seemed keen enough to sell First Choıce's own jeep safari) We've booked wıth KaraCay (I thınk that's what ıt's called) they have seat belts ın theır jeeps. Hopefully drıvers wıll be a be more careful now.
Very sorry for the famılıes ınvolved ın thıs accıdent :(
Merhaba cyber
Re your jeep safari with cara cay . we have done this the last two years from Hisaronu and I promise that you will enjoy every minute of it . Their jeeps are large and comfortable and only two years old and fitted with seat belts (although I never saw anyone actually wearing them ) and leather seats so you wont get your bum burned , the drivers are great guys and very careful . Sometimes the chap who owns the company comes and does a bit of driving , his name is Adam and he also owns the restaurant wher you get lunch and you can also do a bit of white river rafting if you like . Please let me know if you enjoy . Ps be prepared to get a bit wet and dirty . Regards wee-john
I have heard of another death on a Jeep Safari. It was a man from a village near where I live in Devon. Any other news?
Back from Turkey now (had 2 days sleep before I got around to switching on the PC) and I just want to say how fantastic our jeep safari was with Karacay. I twisted my ankle in the hotel on the 5th night of our holiday and the tour guides on the jeep safari (and other trips we went on) really looked after me :) The visit to Sakklikent was worth the price of the trip alone - such a beautiful place, very cool and chilled out.
The jeep safari from the Olu Deniz/Hisaronu area visited the Lycian tombs at Tlos, the Trout Farm (freezing cold fish pool), Sakklikent and the mud flats and finished with Patara Beach (oh, and an hour in a rug factory, which was an opportunity to fill up the water pistols and have terrific water-fights in the car park)
We had a convoy of four jeeps, all 14-seaters with comfy seats and seat-belts. The drivers were very pleasant and helpful and insisted on me joining the mud bath even though I'd already had a mud bath the previous week at Dalyan...
The children in the villages were so sweet, they drenched us with much-needed water (temperatures were apparently at a record high) and in return for the soaking we threw sweets and lollipops at them. We also got soaked by hoses at various points along the way and had some great water-fights with the other jeeps.
Unfortunately I don't have many photos of our day, I didn't take my camera because I was worried about it getting wet. I took a waterproof disposable camera, but we were having such a good time I forgot to use it after the first couple of stops...
Anyway, it was a fantastic day and if you're staying in Olu Deniz you can book the Karacay jeeps with Activities Unlimited, which is up the hill on the main street. I much preferred the look of their jeeps to the other safari jeeps which were smaller and didn't look as comfortable or safe :wink:
Merhaba Cyber
Glad you enjoyed your Jeep safari , I knew that you would . We are off again to Hisaronu on 21 Sept and will probably go on the safari again as it is such good fun . we are going regardless of last night happenings in Marmaris cos we wont let the B*******s beat us .regards wee-john.
We really fancy the jeef safari excursion but have read that its not very suitable for a 3 year old.

Can anyone tell me what it is about this excursion that makes it not suitable for a little one please ?
There are many types of jeep safari, some of the vehicles are less safe than others. I saw a convoy of jeeps go up to tholos from my coach seat, people were being thrown around and some did not seem to have seat belts. I personally wouldnt take a child under ten on one, but everbody is different, so it's your call really. Also my understanding is that some of the companies that operate them do not have the correct insurances, but I guess you could check the cover in your own holiday insurance policy.
Can anyone tell me what it is about this excursion that makes it not suitable for a little one please ?
It is possible to book jeeps with seat belts, but they are only the adult lap belt anyway. We went with Karacay jeeps which seemed a little safer and more comfortable than some of the others - it's more like an open-top mini-bus than a jeep, but it's still a bit too rough and bouncy for a small child, not to mention the being sprayed with water, having buckets of water thrown over you, and often rather aggressive water-fights between different jeep 'teams' - a young child may find it quite upsetting. My teenagers loved it, but I wouldn't have taken them when they were little.
Hi all. i went on a jeep safari on the 2nd september with sarigerme tours in turkey. mustafa is the guide. we were staying at pegasus palace. there were four of us, me, my husband and two boys aged 12 and 6. they really enjoyed the trip but you do get really wet and dirty. the driver of our jeep was a loony on the roads and you do get thrown about a bit. we had seatbelts but they would not tighten up so they hung round you loosely. he took us to turtle beach and up in the mountains so you had a brilliant view. we were tired out when we got back and went to bed early. i personally would not recommend taking a child on this trip under 5 years. it does get a bit hairaisingat times and you had to hold onto the roll bars. it was a lot of fun and would tell anyone to give it a go.
8) we went on jeep safari with Explora in hisaronu. fab company, really concerned about safety issues, but still made sure everyone had a Fab time! If you are in hisaronu, use this company, they are so friendly. it was a great day, went home knackered!. we were heartbroken though at all the wee kiddies out looking on the ground for sweets, we threw loads to them, but when we ran out, the looks on their faces were so sad! will take a sackload next time!!!
Hi im going to turkey for the first time in september with my family and was really looking forward to the jeep safari untill reading theese posts :shock: We will be staying at the holiday village in sarigerme, does anyone know of any safe jeep safaris in that area i.e with seatbelts, newer vehicles and trustworthy drivers or am i asking too much? :roll:
You can try Sarigerme Tours at INVALID URL don't know if Mustafa will be there this year but his site can be found at http://www.sarigermeholiday.com.

---------------------------
All about Dalyan
http://www.dalyanholiday.co.uk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.