Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Jelly Fish !!!!!
11 Posts
noggin wrote:
Hi all :cheers
just read on "Goanet" news site that North Goa has had a invasion of Jelly Fish...
Have we got any updates on this problem ?
What type of Jelly Fish are they....are they dangerous :yikes

Perhaps Russian jellyfish?
recieved quite a nasty sting yesterday on anjuna beach, not really shallow waters as i do tend to swit out but still a nasty experience.....no warnings on the beaches though.
I hate jelly fish :(
Think I will just stay out of the sea.
Ouch, a jelly fish sting really hurts, I've had one and cannot describe the pain, I really empathise Chaz
there is no problems with jellyfish in Goa - the sharks eat them all
just to point out for Fiona... you dont have to avoid the sea :)
...Swarms of toxic jellyfish have suddenly surfaced in Goa’s inland waters, preying on small fish and fish larvae, especially in the Mandovi river off Panaji,...
Of course the fish shortage problem has nothing to do with over fishing or the landing of baby kingfish and the like in resent years
I'm sure there are several different types of jellyfish about but certainly up north you get baby ones that are known as Bluebottles - because of their colour.

The adults are more commonly known as Portugese Man O War and yes they can kill....Google it if you doubt my word
Fritz wrote:
I'm sure there are several different types of jellyfish about but certainly up north you get baby ones that are known as Bluebottles - because of their colour.

The adults are more commonly known as Portugese Man O War and yes they can kill....Google it if you doubt my word

Well said Fritz :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.