Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
that sounded like you had a great time, i would have loved to see the turtles too :D
Great report and enjoyed the read. Glad you had a fantastic time. Often think about the Gulet cruise but wonder what you do if you get landed with a bunch of plonkers !

Wilson :wink:
Wilson, we've also been put of Gulets in case of plonkers! But on another post my mind's been put to rest that you meet people with the same mind set.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1058474&highlight=#1058474
Well I've been on 4 gulet trips, 3 times as a single and once with my boyfriend. On every occasion everybody has got on great. A friend has been on about 10 and only once was someone obnoxious but he ended up being asked to leave the boat anyway. Certainly the exception to the rule!
How spacious are the communal areas on a gulet?

For example, if you wanted to be alone for a while (say, to read a book or to sunbathe without being disturbed) would that be possible?

Or if you were tired and wanted an early night; would you be able to hear the other guests if they were still up?

Strawberry
You can hear all movement on the boat above while you are in your cabins, at times it seems amplified and it's only someone walking around (despite having no footwear on!). It's all part of the holiday and doesn't for me pose any problems at all. Even when you are moored up in very quiet bays if there are any other boats around the captain will have you turn the music down at about midnight if you are having a bit of a party night. It's like an unwritten ruling between gulets and other boats - in small bays you consider your neighbours - sound travels you see.

So far as finding peace and quiet on a gulet - well yes you can easily do so. Some gulets are large, others not so but I will go on the smaller basic gulet. There is seating in the shade up at the back where you dine. That's always a popular place for people to go during the day to sit in the shade, read a bit, have a snooze. Sunbathing the mattresses are quite close together up at the front but not intrusive. You may have mattresses on the higher up level (roof if you like) as well so that there is plenty of space for everyone. If it's very hot the crew might have the awning down at the front so that people can lounge around in the shade both back and front and if someone wants the sun they can hop up to the roof.

The sort of holiday it is pretty much lends itself to passengers who like quiet, lazy days and a bit more of a laugh, drink, dance in the evenings.

That's been my experience anyway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.