Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
great report John. It sounds like you a wonderful experience. You certainly packed a lot into it :D How cheeky is that- asking for an upgrade to the ambassador suite. I can't believe you got it :lol:
Fishermans Village( Bophut) is where I like to stay. We came to close to booking again next summer.
I have to say that Bangkok Airways episode was shocking. The last time we flew back from KS we had a flight home 4 hours after we due to arrive back in Bangkok. Goodness knows what we would have done.
Phi Phi
Are there still devastated areas there? I remember the immediate aftermath of the tsunami and also some of the stories of the survivors.
Lastly- have you booked again yet :lol:
Hi Fiona, cant wait to book my next trip. Although will check and double check that my bangkok airways flight is booked lol. They will be getting a strongly worded letter lol

We stayed in the tong sai bay area of phi phi (i.e where the main ferries arrive.) There was no real effect of the tsunami, although there were a few locals pushing sand and cement around the town, but personally it added to the whole 'organised chaos' feel of thailand. Most of the hotels, shops etc have been rebuilt. Having seen the before and after photos the main difference now is the reduced amount of palm trees, which is a real shame.

Phi Phi was my favourite place of all the places we visited. Absolutely stunning.

John
great trip report garlic bread, really awful though about Bangkok Airways, I have used them loads and never a problem, so hopefully an isolated event.
I have never vited Phi Phi but it sounds lovely, will you be going back to thailand and where will you visit?
You are brave going to the full moon party 8)

I looked at the Davis hotel in Bangkok it does look very good.

Thanks for your interesting report, love shirley.
its terrible isn't it Shirley- both of us have been to KS several times and neither has been brave enough for the full moon party :lol: I'm def too old now for all that!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.