Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
When the beach/massage ladies were being beaten by the thugs, did you help/complain/offer assistance ? Or as most tourists in Goa do, turn the other way?Are you not returning to Goa because of this?
The tourists will return year after year because Goa is cheap and despite the visa fiasco this year,tourists who visit Goa want it cheap.The weather,beaches and some of the natives are the main attraction for most of us,so let us not kid ourselves and be naive.
which bars and restaurants did you enjoy in Candolim? Did you get to watch the match?

edit
I see you have just added your favourites to the restaurant sticky :D
Lango, we were warned by sesoned veterns not to intefere else we would just get the same treatment. We did shout a one policeman who was beating a pregnant beach seller with his baton but he ignored us. The shack owners were also too scared to interfere, Apparantly it is just the way it is in Candolim. You pay the "backsheesh" and the police leave you alone. You dont and well they just beat the sh** out of you.
All of the shacks were late in opening prtly due to the Indian election but also due to the lottery of awarding licences. Again, you pay the backsheesh your name is first out of the hat for a licence. ome of the shacks were just opening at the end of November. Yes I will go back for the resons you quoted but that doesn't mean we shouldnt try to change things. For my part i have written to the Indian High Commission in Edinburgh to register my feelings. Perhaps more of us should do the same.
Fiona, I enjoyed Hymalayan, The Bistro, Inferno, Hymalayan and The Curry House. We went into Calangute to Souza Lobo which is also recommended. For bars, the famous Teama Bar, Mango Grove and Bending Bamboo were great. J21 Sports bar was good for the football except they didn't show celtic in the champions league :x :x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.