Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I have now done my review on the Holiday village.If anyone has any questions just ask.
Thanks for the comprehensive review Jay :D
I go 31st July when I am sure the pools will be warmer!
First time to Egypt and to a big complex so I am sure I will have a few questions before then!
So glad you had a good time
Lally
:wave Welcome back Jay. Just read your review, glad you had a good time.

Doe
good review ,looking forward to getting there
Anyone wishing to read Jays excellent review - can find it HERE

Kath HT Admin
Hi glad to hear you enjoyed ur stay we fly out on Mon 7 jancant wait! Was weather ok?
Sorry I forgot to mention the weather!.It was scattered cloud for the first couple of days then after that mostly wall to wall sunshine.It was bearable to stay in the sun (with factor 25-30) until the last 2 days when I had to go in the shade for an hour or so around midday.I only wore a light weight cardigan on about 4 evenings out of 14 and 2 of those were when we visited Naama bay.One evening in Naama bay at 10pm the temp was showing as 20c on the stand near where you get the hotel bus!Compared to the UK at the moment it will feel very warm!.I wish I was there now!.
Hi Jay :)

Did you go with FC or did you find a way to DIY this hotel? Sorry if you have said this already somewhere.

thanks, Doe
Hi Doe,I went with FC but booked with Travelcare as they beat the web price and FC direct price.If I had waited 2 weeks to book it would have been £205 EACH cheaper!It was a much needed holiday as we had only previously managed 1 week to Turkey in June,due to my hubby not being well.Quite a few people we spoke to had got the excellent offer from both Manchester and Gatwick for £384 for 2 weeks!I will certainly be looking out next year as they are flying from our local airport with Thomson Fly.(Anyones better than FC for leg room!)
Hi Jay :)

It just goes to show that if you can hold your nerve until as late as possible you can get good deals. If I didn't have to go in school holidays I'm sure I would wait till the last moment. Ive travelled on both a Thomson plane and an FC plane to Sharm and to be honest there wasn't all that much difference, in so far as they are both woefully inadequate for a 5 to 6 hour flight.

Trouble is I don't think there are any out there that are much better. I know Monarch, Astreaus and XL go to Sharm but would they be any different?

I see from your review that you are going back in April so it must have been good, did you prefer it to the Conrad?

Doe
Same as you. Doe----------------Stuck to school hols :roll:

We.ve flown to egypt with XL, Thomson and Astraeus and they're all much of a muchness!!!!!!!!!!

Big difference is we're going in March, booked the flights in about April-3 of us £ 671------------tried to book our elder son and his girlfriend on the flight-N/A---the day after more tha £800 for the 2 of them-rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!

The prices are just getting silly for Egypt :yikes Yet, Could have got flights for hubbys birthday in Jan to Palma-------for £20 each, return, with Ryanair!!!!!! But guess what-School!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both are great but in different ways.The Conrad has an amazing reef at the end of the jetty,the HVs is further out.I live in a bungalow and I didnt go to the Conrad because of the steps.We visited when we were at the HV and it seemed an oasis of calm compared to the HV but the beds on the beach seemed very close together whereas the HV had lots of space throughout the resort and you could always find your own quiet spot.The HV had more entertainment and 5 restaurants to chose from.The Conrad is well established but is in a quite isolated are whereas the HV has shops,bars etc just outide.I was going to go back for my husbands birthday at the beginning of April but its school holidays so I will just keep checking the prices to see if any offers come up before then.Once it gets to the end of April and the flights to Antalya start from my local airport I would prefer to go to the Hemera in Side,my favourite place!.
:wave Hi Dor

Its a pain isn't it. The holiday village sounds fab, but for the dates I need it's out of the question at 2.8K for a week. :yikes No idea what I'm going to do have actually been looking at the Canaries as they seem cheap by comparison.

Did you manage to up load your photo's? I notice you were having problems earlier. Pop a post in rambling when they are up as I would love to see them.

Take care, Doe

Jay, thanks for the reply

We were posting at the same time. The time you are looking at, early April is when I want to go. If I were you I would hang on as it's the start of two weeks school hols for lots of folk and it will be very busy.
If you are lucky enough to have a choice I certainly wouldn't go then.

Doe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.