America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Sounds like you had a good time and did lots of shows too!

How did you like the Excalibur then? Did you have a widescreen room? I looked at it before but then wondered also if the pool would be full of kids, since it's one of the more family friendly places - did you see a lot of kids at the pool?

We also found it very hot this year. We were there 6-19th September and it was too hot at the beginning but started to go down into the 90s instead of 105 that it was when we arrived! We were talking to a taxi drive who said it had been a pleasant summer - and that they never had several days in a row at 115 like they usually get. She said it had been unusually bearable. Maybe it just got hotter later! I just looked up the weather forecast and it looks like it's actually going quite cold now! I can't really imagine it being cold in Vegas!
Thanks for posting! :tup

Shame Cher was cancelled but sounds as though you enjoyed your other shows ;)

Pippy :)
Many thanks for the report.

We always enjoy Legends at the IP and hubby also thought the Jersey Boys was fantastic.

You said you did most of your eating at hotel cafes. I'd still like to hear about them so I'd know which were got and which were not so good.

luci :wave
Lesley......this is the second year running that we have stayed in the Excalibur and both times have paid for the upgrade to the remodelled rooms. Lovely view of the NYNY and MGM and also in that tower, you are nearer the pool. There weren't a lot of children around and as the Excalibur has new pools now, there is actually an adult only one there also.

Luci....we ate at the cafe in Excalibur ....Sherwood and was fine but we mostly went next door to the Luxor to the Pyramid cafe as the food did seem nicer. Also loved the Grand Cafe Lux at the Venetian. Massive portions and not that expensive either.American in NYNY (I enjoyed but hubby didn't) and we went to the Gold Coast one day and had late lunch/early dinner....very cheap and filling.
We did think about treating ourselves to a posh restaurant one evening but looking at the menus, they were just too posh....
Thanks. We had the Steak Special in the Sherwood Forest and it was excellent value for money.

Everyone raves about the Grand Lux, but we had one of our worst meals there which was probably a one off.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.