Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We have just booked our holiday for aug 2005 at the Jutlandia apts in Santa Ponsa. I have two children aged 10 and 5yrs will there be enough for both of them to do considering the age gaps. Have never been to Majorca before. Anyone any tips or can tell me what the apts are like, best places to eat see etc [/url][/list][/list][/code]
[/u][/i][/b]
We have some reviews of these apartments at Jutlandia Apartments reviews here

HTH

luci :wave
Jutlandia apartments are absolutely fab.We stopped there (me,hubby & 7 year old) in July this year and are going back August 2005. It was our first time in Mallorca for 14 years after spending most of our holidays since then in Cyprus.The little one wasn't looking forward to Mallorca 'cause he can only really remember his holidays in Cyprus but now he doesn't even mention Cyprus.He was begging to go back to Jutlandia before we even got on the plane home. :D

The apartments are spotless.Air con was a blessing.Activities going on during the day and evening entertainment.Although we were around for most of the daytime(especially the football) we didn't see much of the evening 'cause we went out to eat every evening.

Santa Ponsa great.Brill breakfast at Rickies.I can eat for England but after one of these I couldn't eat again most days until well after 8pm.Never had a bad meal all time we were there.Can recommend Mrs Murphys - ate there 3 times,xoses(think thats how it's spelt,its on the front just before the strip) and the one below it.Crocodillos was a bit over rated.Can't think of names of others at the moment.

Mega cheap supermarkets on main road turn right at roundabout Eroski & Caprabo. 10 min walk but worth it for cheap San Mig. :glynis

One of the reasons we are going back is the Spanish Square.We didn't find it 'till 2 days before coming home and there are loads more bars & eating places there so a good excuse to return. :sun

I could go on forever.Let me know if there's anything else you need to know and I'll try and help.

Mandy
Mandy

If you would like to add a review for the benefit of other holidaymakers you can do so by clicking on the link in my post above.

Thanks

luci :wave
Have spotted these apartments in Santa Ponsa and could do with finding out more info. ie

Are they suitable for family of 2 adults and 2 boys aged 11 & 13? Is the air conditioing individually controlled or does the management decide when it's on - and is it in both the lounge and the bedroom. What sort of size are the apartments?

If anybody knows, how do these compare to the Jardin del Mar?

What sort of mix of nationalities are in the apartments. Is it predominantly one nationality ie Scots or Irish. Don't have a problem with this as I'm sure there's Irish blood not too far back in the family history, but a little concerned about some of the comments in some of the reviews that Santa Ponsa gets.

Any info will be much appreciated - Cheers.
Hi John

You've made a good choice with the Jutlandia.We were there in August for our second year running and were told by a Travel Agent holidaying in S.P that the Jutlandia are the best apts on the island,that we can believe.

The a/c is individually controlled but is only in the bedroom.

The apartments are pretty small but you probably won't spend much time in it.

From what I could tell this year it was all English & Irish.More English than when we were there last year but I think that is cause we have our school hols later than the Irish who may I add are really friendly people.

If you need any more info don't hesitate to contact me 'cause I'm sure I could tell you more.

We are having a change next year and are heading back to our other fav island Cyprus but will def return to S.P again. Funnily enough I have been pricing up D.I.Y to Jardin del Mar for next May half term.

Mandy
Has anyone stayed at the Jutlandia apartments in Santa Ponsa, I've read mixed reviews and would be grateful for any info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.