Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I take it that it's not the most popular place to visit then? :rofl

It looks spectacular - I will post photos after I've been. Not long now - only a couple of months :( Meanwhile, you will have to make do with these :cheers

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/357170052_9ba68cf551.jpg

http://www.kastellorizo.de/pics/start.jpg

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/50/3b/b2/modern-day-pic-of-kastelorizo.jpg

It's just 2 miles off Kas in Turkey and apparently, does have an airport.... That'll be for the Focker 50 I expect. :)

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Hi- have never even heard of your little island, but it looks and sounds idyllic! Hope you will come back and let us know how you found Louis cruises ( compared to Thomson).
We went on the Calypso 3 years running when Thomson chartered it (different itineraries, but still did 3 trips through the Corinth canal!) Just loved that little ship, the staff were wonderful, and the tiered decks lovely for sitting out in sun/ shade or half and half. It went to unusual places the big ships didn't go, including a stop at Limnos.
Have a great time,
kate
We went on the Calypso mini cruise to Egypt and from what I remember it was a nice enough ship for a short break.

luci :wave
We're actually going to visit the MS Calypso whilst she is in Limassol port next weekend.

I contacted Louis Cruises to see if it was possible to have a look around and at the cabins we've been allocated. One of our group is prone to claustrophobia and on the last cruise we went on (again with Louis Cruises but different ship) they booked an outside cabin which was very small in comparison to our superior inside cabin.

We've gone for the Boat Deck (cabins 402 and 406) as these look like the biggest in the category we've booked. Hopefully these will be okay but it does mean if there are any problems we should be aware of, it gives them chance to decide whether to upgrade or not.

Shell
Limassol, sunny Cyprus :cheers
I can't remember which type of cabin we had, but there were 3 of us and it didn't feel cramped. Mind you, you hardly spend any time in the cabin.

luci :wave
We had an outside on deck 6, the first one was at the front, and quite a bit bigger than the other 2 we had at the back, but we preferred the position.
I think the cabins vary quite a lot on this ship, if you can look around that will be great- the main cruise lines don't usually allow that.
kate
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.