General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Kipling bags
21 Posts
What's a Kipling bag?
Is it a cake? :)
They are lovely soft handbags in wonderful colours and have a little soft toy monkey which hangs from the bag - each monkey has a name!

Pippa
I've got the same love for radley bags: I get mine 1/2 price from the nearest factory outlet (Cheshire Oakes) without fully knowing about Kipling, they might have factory outlets as well?
I love Kipling bags too. Qvc sometimes have good bargains
I've never heard of Kipling bags (although I have heard of Radley bags) but whenever I feel the urge to purchase a new designer "arm ornament" I head off to TKMaxx :wink:
Oooooh dramaqueen - you LUCKY thing having a Radley factory outlet nearby! I would be in HEAVEN! Can you really get fab bargains in there then?

I wonder if DH would fancy a holiday to Cheshire Oaks next year???????????
:D I love my radley :D a trip to cheshire oakes is always appropriate. If I'm happy, I buy a radley to celebrate, if I'm upset, I buy a radley to cheer myself up. If I'm neither, I buy a radley to add some excitement to my life!
I buy my Kipling Bags from the MacArthur Glen outlet centre in Ashford.

I also keep an eye out for sales in our local department stores.

I sometimes buy bags from a shop that also sells online. Before I buy I usually email them to ask them that if I buy a couple of bags, how much of a discount would they give me. I have had some very good deals doing it this way.
QVC have them.
Personally, I can't see what so good about them :que
It's a lot of money for a bit of nylon and a silly monkey. :rofl

HERE
I love Kipling bags too, I have a lovely bright red travel bag with plenty of pockets, I bought in Dubai airport duty free, I also have green kipling luggage on wheels ( last year when I went to Thailand my case arrived minus the monkey :que )
No doubt they will copy them in Turkey and this summer they will have them 4 for a tenner! :rofl
They are very tough and robust well made bags - also very lightweight.

Pippa
ooo a subject close to my heart - Ive got about 8 in different colours and yes they are fantastic bags - the weekend bags are second to none and they are practically indestructable.

My friend has had one since they first came out and its like new!

I found the prices in the airport to be a lot cheaper than in the shops or even Ebay - however the shops in Tenerife were selling (genuine) ones about 30% cheaper than the UK - Im sure its possibly the same in Spain/Greece etc..............theres no point buying a fake Kipling bag as the whole point is you are not buying them as "ornamental handbags" but because they are so robust and well made - a fake wouldnt compare IMO.
Found a good site - Hudsons Leathercraft. Lots of Kipling (and other) bags - some at sale prices. Got a lovely one in a summery colour for £28.99 - a good size one too for all my bits!

Pippa
There's a Kipling store at the Bicester Village just outside of Oxford - my daughter dragged me in there on a visit last summer and I was amazed at the prices - most were 40%-60% off the normal retail price.

I'd much prefer it if they had a Radley shop there though :)
tootsie wrote:
the shops in Tenerife were selling (genuine) ones about 30% cheaper than the UK - Im sure its possibly the same in Spain/Greece etc
Shops in Tenerife and the other Canary Islands are usually "tax-free" - the Canary Islands are not in the EU and have their own tax laws - great for all sorts of perfume and designer shopping.
Prices in Spain/Greece etc will be higher as they are part of the EU.
I noticed in my local branch of TK Maxx this weekend that they had a large selection of Kipling Bags at
very good prices.. some i remeber were £89 reduced to £29. Worth a look.. :)
Thanks Sparki - Im out shopping at lunchtime so will see if they have any in their Belfast store!

(Im a bit of a Radley freak also :wave: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.