I did mention it in an earlier post but now I can tell you what the repercussions were.

Well, to cut a long story short, the Baggage handler's strike hit us quite hard.

We'd heard of it from our holiday rep and we were told that there could be a delay of about an hour in departing.

In the end we were THREE hours late taking off! That delay knackered us up in more than one way.

I'd planned to catch the 2322 train from Manchester Airport to Dewsbury but that was long gone by the time we landed. We also missed the next one which was a connecting bus to Piccadilly, with a train connection forward to Leeds, by a slim margin.
The next bus wasn't until 0310, and the connecting train was about 0505 from Piccadilly! Total CR@P!

As both myself and Mrs. were going to be occupied later this morning, we needed to get back home PDQ, so dossing down in the Airport station with all the tumbleweed rolling by was definitely not an option. In fact you couldn't even get into the station itself as it was like a hybrid of Fort Knox and the Marie Celeste. Someone in my employ will be asked questions about this as I couldn't find anything out about onward travel.
Mr. A. Person was missing in action.

We ended up having to share a taxi with three very sporting individuals from Swinton (Manchester) who came to the rescue, but even so we were £80 worse off, having had to pay for the taxi, because of the t055ers at Las Palmas Airport. Hence the term "Old Bags".

At one point I thought we were in with a chance of getting back at a reasonable time as our holiday rep told us that the incoming flight was 25 mins early!

Ha! I should've known better!

Anyway, we are home now but I shall be very selective when it comes to choosing our means of travel to and from ANY airport in future!

Adios,

StanMan.

(To the lads that had their money nicked and had their baggage go missing: hope all turns out well for you, and thanks for letting us share your taxi.)