General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
clear bags
24 Posts
I get ziplock bags from the supermarket.
Any clear bag will do BUT!!!!! check online the size as they do get a bit jobsworth about it!
If you dont have much to put in then keep it in your pocket and they will give you a bag as you approach the bag scanner area..
Mine come from Tesco. Ziploc sandwich bags (small). I usually have two and give one to hubby. He loves carrying lippy and face cream lol. Beware - some airports charge for bags so best to take your own.
Sunaddict wrote:
Beware - some airports charge for bags so best to take your own.

Good advice, Also beware of Boots zip up flight liquid bags.. They are great and ideal for all your toiletries.. But they are too big for the airport bag check!!!! :duh
Nice one Boots............ :whoops
you can pick them up at the airport, just before you go threw checkin, usually a lady stands waving them in the air asking if any one needs a bag. me ive got a bundle of them i picked up the other week from airport and dropped them in suitcase ready for next year :) tammie
At East Midlands airport last december, they were carging 50p per bag if you wanted to get them there!
yes i remember at airport here in belfast you put a pound coin in this machine and a ball came out with 5 bags in it, done away with all that now i see.
saying that you might even find them laying around on table just befor you go threw check in,

tammie
robbers :) why do you think every time i go away i always bring a few back to kick start me next time, hubbie laughs but its true.
tammie
I just use the same ones that I use for sandwiches.
i did once use a sandwhich bag and was told i couldnt because it wasnt the right type . so now i just use theres. i thot a bag small enough to hold 50ml bottles and things like that would do but i was wrong. it has to be a certain size .
tammie
sorry my spelling is bad. meant sandwich bag
tammie
Supposed to be no larger than 20cm x 20cm. Tesco resealable foods bags small size are 18 x 20cm so work great.
The Tesco ones are the right size.

At Berlin Schoenfield they were charging 2 euro a bg from a machine.

Helen
How many other ways can they rip us off in the name of security?
They can't if you take your own.
You can ge the zip lock ones from most supermarkets and also at the airports (Gatwick do) they have a large container with FREE bags to put your items in.
Are people actually being charged to get the clear plastic bags at the airport??? :really

I have always just been given one as we go through security at Gatwick.
Gatwick is one of a few that are still providing them free - in my recent experience, Manchester, Birmingham and Dundee (yes, we do have another airport between Aberdeen and Edinburgh on the east coast!) are now only selling them through vending machines and I'm sure that Edinburgh charged the last time I passed through too. I think they are taking the view that this regulation has been in place long enough for people to know and come prepared and charging £1 for two bags as Birmingham does means that few people come unprepared a 2nd time!

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.