Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Gary i've never stayed in Kos Tn although visited it on a number of occasions, plenty of watering holes and rest/tavernas that we've always found to be very reasonable for quality and cost although i can't remember the names but you'd have to be really unfortuate to find a bad one, not sure about the weather in October though as your right at the end of the season (was told last tourist flights leave 1st week in Nov) but im sure you'll have a great time anyway, if you've never been to Kos before its a great island, have a good'un.
For the kids there is a water park just out of town. Also by the main beach ( cant remember its name ) out to sea a little there are some blow up climbing frames like big bouncy castles in the sea.

Evening wise I wouldnt say there is a lot for kids ( but then I think this is often the case )maybe some of the larger hotels will have evening entertainment.

Loads of places to eat, as usual never remember the names. In the town square is nice but one place just off it in the corner surrounded by greenery and shrubberry is very nice ( not cheap though so for a special night out. Also an italian on the beachfront on the road out to Psalidi is also very good.

kind Regards
Stewart
Many thanks guys, I know its late in the season but just wanted a break that did not cost the earth. The water park sounds good so hope the weather holds.
Symposium near to the poseidian hotel, is a great place to eat, and there is one oposite the poseidian that did lovely english breakfasts, other that that there are other great places...there is a lovely fish taverna on the beach about a 30 min cycle ride from the marina..lovely beach too...
Hi Gary

we`ve been to Kos 8 times and are off again soon :-)

email me via my blog and i`ll bore you to death about it :-)

http://redstarrichter.blogspot.com/

or

http://www.martin.richter.btinternet.co.uk/

where abouts are you going / staying ?
I went to kos four years ago to tingaki and really loved it. My family nearly bought a restaurant out there
I recommend you take a boat trip around the islands for the day - its relatively inexpensive and they usually cook you your lunch on the beach.

Try and avoid the ones that go to the sponge factory as its just a bore for the kids and money making opportunity for them (they get paid by them to bring tourists). :shock:

Just walk along the harbour front in Kos Town the early evening before and price up - you can often negotiate a deal if you are prepared to press them a bit (especially on the kids prices - they'll often do 2 for 1 etc.).

Have a great trip :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.