Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I haven't come across this before, but I tend to think the issue is possibly that he is your Fiancee and he is Turkish.

I am sure that it wouldn't be a problem if you were married.

Turkish Hotels do frown on un-married Turks using their rooms. It is a Muslim Country after all!

I think they also imagine that if they allowed you to book, then all the local waiters will find out, through the staff at the hotel, and turn up with their own 'girlfiends' for a night or two of 'jiggy-jiggy'.
we stay at a apartment thats owned by a turkish family and are very friendly , i noticed that when turkish people book to stay they pay more than us , i asked why as i thought that it would be cheaper , the reason why they pay more i was told is that they dont sit around the pool and use the bar for food and drink and use their rooms to cook food so using more electric, ect ,which does sound feasible xxx
I always used to find the opposite, my husband is Turkish and he would always book rooms for my family when they came to Turkey as it was cheaper but recently when his friends have tried to book for us they have had problems and it has been better for me to book for us from the UK. I have never found it a problem whe we do check in though as my husband still has a Turkish passport. I think it must just be that particular hotel, I would try somewhere else if I was you.

Kedi
K Y,

The OP is not talking about her husband. Just a fiance?

Did you have any experience of this B4 you were married? I am sure that lack of a marriage certificate is the issue in this instance!
Sorry,

Just seen your previous posts! Don't think anyone can help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.