Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
If you want to go to a specific resort book it now.

Last minute deals are fine if you don't mind where you go and there are only two of you, but if you have your heart set on a particular place or if you're travelling as a family experience tells me leaving it 'till the last minute is a VERY high risk strategy. You'll very likely end up disapointed.
Like the previous poster said, It's 'swings & roundabouts'
Last July we booked to go to Santorini, and the place we wanted to stay 2 weeks before departure, and paid very little for it.
Infact our last 3 hols to Greece we have done last minute. Take a look at Olympic Holidays site, that's where we booked our 3 last minute deals from, and you can see where your staying.
Our rule of thumb?...... Where we stay is our base. As long as It's clean & tidy with a pool. We`are not looking for 5* hotels, full board, AI, just SC accommodation that we like the look of. We NEVER stay anywhere we can't see pictures or videos of, i.e. the hotels own website ect..
Unless we want to stay in a specific hotel/aparts, or island or resort, then we will always book last minute from now on.
Good luck & do come back and tell us whether you booked in advance or last minute :)
Which ever one you choose, have a great holiday :sun2
Just me and the wife this time. Were looking at making Skiathos Town our base and hiring a car for a few days. It's looking like we WILL be on the lookout for a last minute things now as the travel agents I use still want between £350/£400 each for 7 days S/C in June.

:rofl

I'll let you know how we got on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.