Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
When we did the Golden Triangle Tour we went in early March. The temperatures were around 85F to 90F during the week of our tour. It was a dry heat and very easy to manage.

For the second part of our holiday we then transferred to South Goa (Bogmalo Beach) and the humidity was a killer. No blue skies to see, hazy white cloud and extremely hot and sweaty. Getting out of the shower, drying off and getting into a bikini with shorts and vest top for breakfast left me just as wet as I was when I climbed out of the shower.

Living now in Cyprus, we have to contend with that for a couple of months every year during July and August. It's very hard work and draining....

If I recall, I believe January is not so humid in Goa but I don't think it changes too much further north (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur at that time and may be similar to what we experienced - hot but dry, which makes it much more acceptable).
Shrimper

One of my visits to India was end of January early February, the temp in Delhi was pleasant very mild, around 22c. Agra and Jaipur were similar temps, Jaipur may have been a bit warmer.. It didn't start getting hot until I was much further south. I believe Delhi can be quite cool early on in January with temps. around 12-15c at times. Like yourself I'm not a heat lover and the temperature suited me just fine.

Where are you planning on visiting?
The favourite at the moment is Kathmandu for a few days then on to Varanasi, Khajuraho, Agra.Jaipur, Delhi. 17 days on a organised trip. I expect Nepal to be cooler but rather that than to hot. Thanks for both your replies, I think that confirms for me late January would be better for us
Pretty much the same trip as I took Shrimper. Kathmandu was cooler but still mild and sunny. Varanesi and Khajuraho warmer but not really hot.
Now booked for India, late January, not long
I've been to the Golden Triangle and it was my best holiday ever. Really loved the place. We had a guide/driver and were a bit worried about the long journeys from one place to the next but it flew by. There are so many fascinating things to see. Can I ask who you booked it with?
Fiona, Voyages Jules Verne after reading many cataloges and trying to work out where we wanted to go and how much we wanted to spend. Varanasi was the place that made it a lot longer trip but looking foward to Nepal as well now. I believe they are the direct arm of Kuoni.
I will look forward to hearing how you get on :)
Sounds great - look forward to hearing how you get on. We've used VJV a few times now and they've always been great!
Corinne76 wrote:
Sounds great - look forward to hearing how you get on. We've used VJV a few times now and they've always been great!

Me too I've been on three of their tours and they were excellent. All were with smallish groups which made the tours even more enjoyable.
Just back from a fantastic holiday with VJV. Nepal was such a bonus and surprise. Great guide, two very different hotels one had a view of the Himalayas from every room. Had the extra flight along the Himalayas on a lovely bright morning, my wife wasn't too impressed that we had the pilot that flew closest to the mountains One downside was the ever present smog,mist, dust but nice spring temperatures. Then onto India and Varanasi had so much poverty, dust, joined up pot holes, and noise. The morning and evening ceremonies on the river were so different and would not have liked to miss any of it. then we went to Khajuraho, Occra, Agra, Jaipur and delhi. Delhi was a bit of a let down but made up for by staying in a 5 star hotel for two nights and having afternoon tea with so many staff I found it a bit over the top. On the menu there was Devonshire cream tea and I told the waiter that we came from Devonshire, and he answered with wow we have somebody in from the cream state !! So many loverly people, amazing sights, Good hotels, so many memories
sounds like you have had as good a holiday as we did. And I bet you want to rerurn to visit other places in India. I havn't been to return as I could never commit to the schedule of travel due to an ongoing illness( which has been showing signs of improvement at long last)
What did you think of Jaipur? I thought it was a fascinating place. Agra- not impressed with the city but of course it has a certain attraction which makes up for it. :D
Enjoyed the fort and Elephant traffic jam at Jaipur and had a bicycle rickshaw ride which left me in admiration of our bike driver,he was older than me and had to cycle us through trafic and smoke atc. Also went for a meal in a railway carrige in the evening. Agra was good for us, the Taj Mahal was far better than I expected and we went in the evening to see the mini Taj and sat by the river across from the Taj Mahal to see the sun set
And I'll bet you have thousands of photos! You can never take too many in India :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.