Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
http://www.skybargains.co.uk are quoting £134 for flights to Bodrum from Leeds on June 14th for 7 nights. Hope this is the start of things to come
while other operators are cancelling their flights-goldtrail says all their flights will go as normal.(fingers crossed) . Good prices still available at around £200 each for summer hols dropping back to 160(online price in september).It's worth ringing to confirm prices as each time I've rung I've saved about £30 per person.http://www.skybargains.co.uk . Unfortunately goldtrail don't do prices online you need to ring them
Going Palma with Jet2 from Leeds Bradford next week.
Can any1 tell me how hot customs are there?want to bring a few ciggies back. :wink:
I've never seen a customs officer there - they used to be hot on Canaries flights.

BTW get there in ggod time. My parents flew with Jet2 to Murcia last Friday and the sheer number of passengers in the airport at the time coupled with additional security checks resulted in a one hour delay to the flight. They were at the airport two hours before the flight, but if the flight had been on time and they had left it to an hour before they wouldn't have had time to check in and clear security.
hi
Just to confirm.
Arived back from Palma last night 23.20.
It took 1 hour for the cases to start apearing and my heart was in my mouth as there was about 7 customs guarding the exit`s.
I(and my partner had a fair amount of ciggies) :wink: and our cases were nearly the last off.
I walked off first and didn`t give the goonies any eye contact and got through o.k, my mrs not far behind me.Think we were very lucky! :roll:
Flying from here on 17th August 1st time. What is it like for amenities etc.
We wil be there approx 9am, after parking car at PurpleParking.

Thanx

MARK

EDIT: Merged with existing 3 page LBA topic
David HT Mod
hi markas,leeds bradford airport is great ,very compact and does the job without the hassle of manchester,at the entrance there is a greggs bakery just as cheap as the high street,there are various cafes,and a few shops,but i always like to go through passport controll asap,once you have gone through,you walk through duty free,which is quite substantial,the you have whs smith etc the other side.the main cafe bit is quite nice in a motorway services sort of way,a bit expensive as expected,but the cafe looks directly on to the runway so the kids can see all the planes.there was a smoky bar also,ive a feeling that there was a kids play area upstairs but didnt pay to much attention to this. have a good hol mo :)
Mark - we flew with Jet2 from Leeds Bradford last year (what airline are you going with)? If Jet2 you can check-in over 3 hours before flight as it's just one big queue you join.

No complaints about airport - nothing much to it till you go thru' to departures. There's a good sized duty free shop, WH Smiths, cafes - the usual really and plenty of seats (we flew Saturday afternoon) some face the runway so keeps the kids amused watching take-offs and landing.

There's a very small kiddies play area - more geared towards toddler age to be honest - my little boy twin had a great time running up and down with a Little Tikes lawn mower mowing the carpet (and a few feet).
Yes, we are flying Jet2 Tis.
We aim to be there for 2 hours before, otherwise we wil really catch the traffic driving up there.
My kids will be giddy, so will need to keep their minds occupied pre flight!

Mark x
Hi Mark - if same as last year Jet2 has the whole of Check-in Hall B - you just join the queue and just hand over your paperwork when you get to the desk and they put you on the right flight.

We were there probably about 3.5 hours before the flight (my sis was dropping us off). I have a thing about being at check-in for it opening as we like specific seats and was quite surprised (pleasantly) that we could check-in so early.

Kids (eldest was 7 and twins were 3) were well entertained eating, drinking, colouring in their colouring in books (eldest on Gameboy) and watching the flights coming in and landing - the 3 hours didn't drag as there was plenty to do and see.

Couldn't fault Jet2 at all - crew very pleasant and inflight refreshments very reasonable I thought. Flight was approx 15mins late going out (bus waiting at Palma which is GREAT news as doesn't mean a long hike thru' airport). Flight was delayed by about 45mins coming home (no reason given but we were held up at the gate so could have been problem with bus) but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't too much of problem.

Would have used them again this year but they were lots more expensive than last year for us :cry:
sentinal car park at leeds and bradford ... anyone got any feed back on there service would be great
hello
we used sentinal, returning on august 31
no problems whatsoever, minibus to terminal takes 3 mins
car was a bit grubby when collected as site really is large ex fields but would not hesitate to use again
are you using jet2? if so, they have their own check in area, and you can take luggage to any desks from 4 hours before!
Mark
no, not using jet2, going with thompsons, probley worried about nothing really, but i did go check it out today, there is a security hut near the entrance with a manakin inside dressed up as a security guard, talk about cheap labour, whats all that about?
We've used http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/ twice at LeedsBradford and they've been excellent both times.

It is a compound about 400 yards from the airport and you leave your keys with them and they take you to the airport in a minbus and were waiting for us on our return.

I like LeedsBradford (and Durham Tees valley) because it is a nice friendly and compact airport that seems to run smoothly. Not a lot of walking to your gate etc and the suitcases seemed to come off very quickly.

As an example, in May we landed at LeedsBradford at 13.45 and had collected our cases, got our car and were home in Gateshead by 16.00.

On the same day my parents landed at Newcastle Airport at 14.30 and didn't get in the house (15 minutes away by car) until 16.00 either as they had long walk from their gate and a long wait for their suitcases in a much busier airport.
Every year I have had to endure the dreaded night flight to Ibiza with 4 sleepy kids in tow.
Flights back always landing home around 4.45 on a Sunday morning.
A little dickie bird told me that Thomsons are doing mid afternoon flights on a Saturday now.

Anyone know if its true?

If it is then just the experience of seeing where you are going would be bliss,never mind zero disturbance of sleep pattern for the kids!

Sharon xx

:sun
Thomsons go on a Wednesday to Ibiza,they go in the afternoon and get back about 9-15 in the evening but I think this is in the summer months .You could check timetable on http://www.lbia.co.uk.Also zet2.com fly from there about three times a weekand they have at least one with good flight times.
Got to be Thomsons as its a Thomsons package.
Got to be a Sat as well as meeting friends that fly out of Luton in the morning.
We have always seemed a day late arriving when all are in bed!
Considered Manchester as they have a day flight but Leeds would be only half hour away and a better Airport as I know it well!
Tried website for LBA and theres a downloadable timetable but need Adobe Acrobat to read it!

Sharon xx
Just went on Thomsons and went ahead as if I was making a booking.
Typed in date/airport etc
Came up with this.
Must be true then!

------------------

Out
Depart Leeds Bradford
09/06/07, 14:40
Arrive Ibiza
09/06/07, 18:25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return
Depart Ibiza
23/06/07, 12:20
Arrive Leeds Bradford
23/06/07, 14:00

------------------------------

Why didnt I think of this in the first place!

Sharon xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.