Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Sadly most flights to Malta get you there at night, it seems to be one of those things :think
It's not arriving late at night that bothers me - the Air Malta flight didn't arrive until 00.55am but coming home we did leave Malta at 17.15pm but the Ryanair flight doesn't leave until 21.30pm. This is what I don't like.
How do Linda, if you don't fancy crossing the Pennines to use our superior airport in Cheshire, you could always try flying Yorkshire Airlines :fly :glynis this is there promo video http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=2142182636&
That clip is so funny!!! Are you sure there are no flights at all in 2010? I know they don't usually fly through the winter, only summer season. My mum and dad go every year and we got married there 3 years ago. Will be a shame if they have to start travelling elsewhere, LBA is on their doorstep!! :que
Hi Pondskater

Ryanair are running flights on Thursday and Sunday - departing Leeds at 16.00 and departing Malta at 21.00
We prefer to leave Malta earlier in the day and don't like having to hang about all day to come home so we may have to use Manchester instead.
Thanks LindaG, wonder why Air Malta have stopped their flights from LBA? Funnily enough the tour operator my parents always use are showing flights from LBA to Malta 2010 but you have to change at Brussels!!??!! :que
We wanted to do a months holiday in malta with mercury direct but they don't fly from stansted which is only 20mins. away from us! Got in touch with chevron and they don't fly from stansted either. Anyone know a tour company that does? :(
thanks
If you're going for a month, what difference does an extra 1-2 hours make travelling to an airport other than Stanstead? You can get frequent Air Malta flights from Heathrow or Gatwick. EasyJet also fly from Gatwick, although I personally don't recommend them.

If the package you're booking uses some strange airline from a strange airport then maybe it's time to book your accomodation & flights seperately.
The rep from Thomson in town told me that Thomsonfly were re-introducing flights to Malta from Donny early next year, but I keep checking on the Robin Hood Website and there is not even a sniff of it being in the pipeline, even though they have already announced the new Easyjet flights to Amsterdam, Barcelona and a couple of other places...

I cant understand why flights to Malta from oop North are becoming increasingly difficult to get....it is still a popular place to go to..
Many airlines are cutting back their UK operations due to the weak £. It's makes far more business sense to use their fleet of aircraft on routes within the Eurozone where people are paying in Euros for their flights.

There are lots of new routes to Malta from places like Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands etc.
yer, we could have got a flight via Amsterdam..but cant remember where I was looking. I do seem to remember that it would have took us 14 hours from leaving our house to get to Luqa if we went via Amsterdam though with the flight times etc...I could have got almost to Thailand in that time!!
Fortunately Ryanair, Easyjet and bmibaby are expanding the service to Malta in 2010, whereas Air Malta are atleast maintaining theirs, by increasing flights from Gatwick, albeit at the expense of other UK destinations. Even with BA pulling out, there will be more seats available from the UK to Malta than in 2009.

new flights for 2010

Bournemouth - Ryanair (30/3/2010)
East Midlands - bmibaby (5/2010)
Leeds/Bradford - Ryanair (3/2010)
Liverpool - Easyjet (6/2010)
Excellent, East Midlands is about an hour away from us....so it is not all doom and gloom then!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.