Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
lemon expres
6 Posts
Hi- it's a great shame that the Lemon Express is no more- a true loss to the area. We went on it (in about 1972!!) and remember it fondly. Just been back to Alicante for a few days, and took a ride into Benidorm on the tram. Oh dear!! Slow, uncomfortable, and a long walk into town at the end. A boring ride through tunnels, very little to see in the way of scenery. It's not exactly a tourist attraction. We were glad to get the bus back.
kate
I loved the Lemon Express

The atmosphere, the scenery the sort of mock town at the end which looked like everyone left as soon as the train did

Its a huge loss as its something different from Terrible Mitica and the waterpark
I have fond memories of the Lemon Express too. It was on my very first holiday abroad with the children and my mum. Still have the photo taken during the journey. Loved it. Happy memories.
We first went on Limon Express (no I've not made a spelling error ;) ), way back when we first went to Benidorm in the early 1980s. I have very fond memeories of that excursion. The gentle ride through spanish countryside, the guitar factory when you arrived and the party on board when you came back and it was an excursion the entire family could enjoy.

Subsequent trips appeared to have lost part of their magic as the trip became more of a 'hard sell' with all the souvenirs but it was still a good day out nevertheless. Although I have not been to Benidorm for a few years now due to health problems within the family, I shall always remember the Limon Express and am glad I bought a souvenir video of the excursion when I last had the chance to do so.

The Limon Express will no doubt be sadly missed.
The views as you went through the Spanish countryside on the Limon Express were amazing and I enjoyed looking at the small market at the top which had some different souvenirs which were very reasonably priced. I was glad to get down to the bottom as the noise on the way down was deafening.

Jean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.