Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
It's a long time since I stayed in the Levante (before they made it a Gold property) but we go to Cala Millor/Cala Bona year in year out so should be able to answer with some of your questions.

Is the resort and near by resorts safe for two women to be out on their own in in the evenings and day time?

Yes I would say so - for me it's one of the safest feeling resorts we've ever been to. Obviously it still makes sense to be careful and stick to main areas or areas that are well lit but hand on heart we've never had a problem and we've never heard of any problems in all the years we've gone there.

Availablities of taxis in nearby resorts?

There are a couple of mainl taxi ranks in Cala Millor/Cala Bona - I don't think you'd have a problem in any nearby resorts finding taxi's (Sa Coma etc).

Does the hotel have internet access or where would the nearest point be?

Not sure about internet access in hotel but there are a few internet cafes in the resort and if you go to CHEERS Bar in Cala Millor and have a drink/meal there's FREE internet access for customers.

What is the general atmosphere around the hotel(is it dirty etc)

It's situated on a fairly narrow road with the Levante Park on one side, the Levante on the other - on Levante Park side a series of shops start (supermarkets, newsagents, the odd bar etc) . It's fairly busy during the day and gets busier on an evening as people walk to and from the the harbour restaurants/bars. It's not 'rowdy' noisy tho' - just the general chatter as people stroll along.

The resort is quite family/couple orientated - it's not a place for gangs of single sex groups to go to and spend 2 weeks getting hammered - we've always felt safe out on a night with the kids (altho' we're never out with them too late).

Hope that's been of some help for you. If you want any more info feel free to give me a shout. :)
Hi

We stayed in the Levante in Nov 2004 for a long weekend. You can see my review along with others at http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/cala-bona/levante-hotel/

In answer to your specific questions:

- We found the resorts to be perfectly safe and went out walking together at all times of the day and didn't get approached by anyone, although being November it was quite quiet.

- The main street that the hotel is on is narrow and a little bit scruffy but I wouldn't have said it was dirty. There was some noise from passing traffic but nothing serious (I'm a light sleeper but it didn't bother me). The hotel is not far from the harbour which is a lovely area.

- We didn't use taxis or the internet while we were there but I'm sure that reception or your rep would be able to help.
I've stayed with a female friend (girly week away) and the hotel and resort were both fine for us.

The resort is fairly small but if you need anything livelier you can always walk to Cala Millor along the prom.

The hotels were good. We used the entertainment at the Levante as the Park is a quieter hotel. I would probably choose the Levante over the Levante Park if I was to go again.
Hello,

I'm going to the Levante Hotel, Cala Bona in May. Can anyone tell me if you have to pay for a safe deposit key, I understand that the safes are in the rooms, and roughly how much it costs if you do?

Never been to Majorca before, looking forward to it.

Thank you.
Hi thunt
Not been to the Lavante (did go on the beach next to it though) but normally you pay a hire charge for the week and a deposit for the key or card.
In the Floriana it was about 30E for 2 weeks and we got 5E's back.
Well worth it what ever the cost!!
Hello All,

Could anyone let me know the email address for the ' Hotel Levante' Cala Bona.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Joe
Try:

levante@levantehotels.com

Tis
Will do.....Thanks Tis

Joe
Hi Everyone
I am due to go on holiday here in August.
Can anyone tell me whether this hotel has internet access at the hotel or if there is a good internet cafe nearby??

Also what is the area around the resort like? Is it fairly safe??

Also from the picture the swimming pool area seems to go straight onto the beach, does this mean there are lots of people not from the hotel using it?

I have read the hotel reviews but can not seem to find any answers.
I hope one of you lovely people could help me? ;)
Watkins
Hi Watkins

Not sure if the hotel has internet access, but there was an internet cafe in Cala Bona last year. I will find out about the hotel for you.

I think the resort is safe, I certainly feel comfortable walking around on my own whilst my boyfriend is working.

You have to go down several steps from the pool area to the beach. Only guests are allowed around the pool area, but non-guests can use the snack bar at the bottom of the steps (the snack bar goes straight onto the beach). Guests from the Levante Park can also use the Levante's facilities including the pool.

Hope you have a great time.
Louise
Watkins, when I am in Cala Bona I use the internet at the leather shop just along from the Levante. lf you go towards the harbour it is on the right beside the jewellers it has a board outside. You pay the guy (very reasonable) and go downstairs. The Levante is a lovely hotel the staff there have been there for years, just what you expect from a"GOLD " hotel. CBG
As CBG has said there's internet access at the leather shop a little walk down from the Levante. There's an internet cafe further down the front into Cala Millor - just before you hit Beachboys Bar and CHEERS Bar in Cala Millor has free internet access for customers which is where I always go as we're always in there eating Kev's lush food.

I've never ever felt unsafe in either Cala Millor or Cala Bona - I guess when it's packed on a night there's always the risk someone could lift a wallet or a purse so it's just a case of taking precautions as you would at home really but for me, it's always felt very safe.

Non-guests can't use the Levante pool area but it's just a few steps down onto the public beach and there's a snack bar down there - we take the kids there on a night to build sandcastles and have a run around - it's a nicely kept beach.

We stayed at the Levante probably 32 years or so ago - it wasn't a Gold hotel then so kids were allowed and it was lovely - we walk past it everytime we're in Cala Bona/Cala Millor and I would love to go back in but we have the kids now so it's a no-no.
Tis
Hi Watkins, The hotel does not have internet access so you would need to use one of the places mentioned in these posts. Louise
Hi, our friends stayed here last year, and were sunbathing on the beach and had their camera, and handbag stolen, just be careful to only take necessary items to the beach, I suppose it's the same everywhere. Enjoy your holiday. Alison
Hi Sparkycat, I know when we were there the hotel staff/reps told us to be vigilant on all the beaches particularly if people came up to sell watches etc... as they often tried to pickpocket at the same time. The fact the hotel staff/reps were highlighting it, gave me the impression it was unusual rather than the norm for the area. Doesn't make it any easier if it happens to you though... Louise
I am going to hotel levante in cala bona in June. Do they provide beach towels and is there tea and coffee making facilities in the bedroom?
Hi mairog. Last year there was a thomson gold towel provided for each guest, but there weren't any tea/coffee facilities in the room. There was a bottle of water on arrival, and there is also a fridge which was really useful. We had a fantastic time at the hotel, very clean, fantastic food (make sure you try the pancakes) and very friendly and professional staff. Our only problem was the bar area was really smokey, however I believe it is now non-smoking. Have a great hol. Louise

PS If you have upgraded to a superior room, then I think tea/coffee facilities are included.
Hi Louise

Thanks for your reply, it's been very helpful, so, no towels in suitcases. Can't wait .

Mair and Roger
In Cala Bona at the moment and the Levante does have internet access. There are two stations immediately outside the bar area, opposite the reception. Not sure of the price though. Louise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.