Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
mitchellclr

Club Maric is in a good location. It's quite near heaven ... sorry, Club Turquoise where I stay. It's about a slow ten minute walk from the front where the Taj Mahal, the Point Centre etc is. There are still lots of places to eat cheaply in Marmaris. I think the best thing is to have a walk about and just compare the prices. Don't be afraid to ask for a deal if you are a family as most will give you a free kids meal etc just to get you in. There are very cheap chippies in Marmaris near to where you are and also there is Tasty Bites and Alans Grills (spelling) where you can get nice food very cheap. I would say however that one of the best Turkish Restaurants in Marmaris called Kervan is one of the cheapest places I have ate in and it has food to die for, it really is an excellent place and is only a 10 -12 min walk from Maric.

Wilson ;)
Just opposite the Point Centre (on the road that leads to the beach) is a restaurant called Sen. The food there is good and they do a special menu which is very reasonable. It's not one of the set meals - you get quite a lot of choice and I understand it also includes a drink.

They also do things like fish and chips, baked potatoes and kebabs to take away but have a few tables where you can sit and eat them if you want to. If you have kids, they have a play station to keep them entertained. The exchange rate is good as well. Try it. I'm sure it will be the sort of place you are looking for.

Patsiej
Thanks you guys.. i will be sure to write these places down and go in search of them .. ;)
Don't worry too much, we have just returned from Turunc, and eating out seemed particularly reasonable this year. Some evenings our bill worked out for around £10 per person including wine and beer, and we weren't going to the cheapest places. With all the competition in Marmaris you should get great deals. Flights might have gone up but it's certainly still not expensive once you're there.
Hello, were are off to Turunc later this week and can't wait. Would you mind telling me (us) what were your favourite places to eat?
:cheers
Hi,
Our best meal this time was at Han, one of the restaurants along the beach. I had sea bass and prawns in a lovely sauce. We had free mezes as well that were delicious. Last year they gave us complimentary fruit as a desert. We also had a nice lunch at Antik after walking over the mountain to Amos and back.
All the restaurants are great, have a good holiday!
I'm finding this very helpful too. We are off to Maramaris at the end of June so will be watching this thread with interest.
The Mayfair restaurant on the main road is very popular and quite cheap too, quite often there is a queue waiting to sit down. It is on the main road in between Mcdonalds and the Kocer Club apartments. We have eaten there quite a bit and always had good meals.

Jim.
The Sherwood bar next to the Captains bar on on the beach front is also good value for money. Its just down from the point center crossroads. I also agree with the Mayfair being a good place to eat. this year i believe they have closed the restaurant down on the Mcdonalds side of the road and just kept the one open on the opposite side but they have opened a Chinese above it on the 1st floor.
Have started buying packets of pasta to put in my suitcase.. so will have lunch in the apartments, also going to buy bread and cold meats etc, will still eat out at least once a day, just not as much as we normally do ... where theres a will theres a way!

Now then... regarding day trips, i know its more expensive to get them through our tour rep... so will get them out on the roads.. what i want to know are they all the same price? normally when we have been befor we have always booked all our day trips the 1st day of arriving in marmaris at the nearest vendor, this time though we need to try to shop around a little to get the best deals.. we normally like the jeep safaris and all inclusive boat trips! :)
Hi if youre taking pasta you can buy mince and pasta sauces from the supermarkets and make a spag bol.We often buy the kebab meat thats already cooked and steam it in a steamer we take with us,put it in a wrap with the fresh salads from tansas and a little chili sauce and you have your own kebab.If you like feta cheese theres a wide range from tansas.Charlies place do really good deals and the meals are gorgeous.We used to go the sen a lot but last time my daughter pointed out that our bill was 20 lira too much,when we questioned it he said oh thats bad the waiter made a mistake,but once he amended the bill we noticed that we still paid too much.The foods not as good as it used to be either :sun2
If you are S/C and drink coffee, chuck that in your case too. We sometimes take a wine box in our luggage and of course a bottle of gin from the airport. The other week we had lunch at The Panorama restaurant, you climb up by the castle. The prices are ok but not really cheap - however we thought the mixed meze plate was great value.
good idea about a spag bol.. defo a favourite for my girls!
and yes think i will get some vodka from the airport and have a drink or 2 on the balcony! :cheers

:offtop i told my youngest a couple of days ago that on this holiday we would be eating the majority of our meals in our appartment.. her reply was "everyone is going to think we are poor" hahahahaa :rofl
Last time we went we brought a cooked chicken from tansas and boiled some new potatoes and brought salad from tansas and you have a nice cool lunch,the fresh bread and jams make a nice snack during the day.We are going to look at the prices of atlantis restaurant,last time we went if you had a meal in there you get in the waterpark free the next day.I dont know if they still have that offer on,but if you intend going to the waterpark anyway you could put the money towards a meal out and get the waterpark free.
We go to mcdonalds once during the holiday,its not just the burgers you can have but salads as well.That works out a cheap meal as the whole meal includes the drinks and i find thats what you spend a lot of your money on. :sun2
we stayed at the maric last year and are again this year (in august) and they are quite reasonbly priced for meals

there are a few on the road down towards the beach which offer good value - angels and one just down the road which I can't for the life of me remember the name!! there is the mayfair on the main road towards mcdonalds, rovers return bar - there are loads which offer 3 course meals for not too many lira

i found last year with the exchange rate we were getting (2.76) that meals were quite cheap and worked out cheaper than the year previous!!

The rate is around that at the moment so not too bad!

Enjoy the maric - we loved it!! say hi to Kursat and the guys from Tracey, Paul & Alisha lol xx
Ive just come back from Calis (not a patch on Marmaris and Icmeler) and the 4 course set menu was 20tl which was £7.03
Marmaris will be as cheap and have plenty of restaurants to choose from.
Thankyou for all the replies... cant wait and getting very excited, 3 weeks today we go! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.