Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
i dont recollect ever seeing a bar in lloret doing live entertainment,(the robin hood tried a few silly things like a snake act and "partial" strippers late on thursday nights, but i think thats been dropped now) as they do in larger resorts.
most of that type of entertainment is in the hotels. there is nothing stopping you going into hotels and buying drinks and watching these turns.
htop hotels always have some sort of cabaret type act in their hotels and do a couple of shows where you only pay for transport if you are on AI.
most bars in town have music of some description and a very lively atmosphere
The only bars I have been to in Lloret are the Piccadilly which seems like a typical cafe bar, the Queen Vic, I have only been in this establishment before 10.00 p.m and there are very few customers around. A few years ago we frequented the tavern bar at the castle end of the town, I think it caters for Germans and is linked to one of the hotels, but it was extremely busy and lively.

Are there any family pubs elswhere, I know Jim frequents the Robin Hood, but if you are based in town it is a fair distance to walk, is there anything similar in the centre of Llorret.
almost all bars in lloret will cater for families ie provide food and drink, but very few put on entertainment.
bars like the picadilly,robin hood, queen vic etc all accept children early evening,-even letting them on the pool tables :( - but revert to "grown-ups"(and i use that in its loosest sense) bars after about 2200hours, when the locals and clubbers come out to play.these bars do not get really busy until later on.
unlike britain, where pubs will provide special play areas and equipment for kids, the continental approach is for families to be together and talk to each other, so they provide very little for kids.
as i say, you should be able to take your kids anywhere early evening to eat and drink, but if you want to find entertainment then you are basically stuck with using hotels.
We used to go to the Robin Hood when we stayed last time but we had the girls with us then....I was hoping to find some bars with a resident compare that gives a few songs,organises kareoke etc but seems like I've booked the wrong resort for that.
Ok anywhere where 2 old fogies can go for a dance then
the irish bar(irish rover??) which is in the street behind the main seafront does karaoke on a regular basis.
depending on the type of dancing you want to do, you could try the texas bar -like robin hood, music and dj and drunken dancing till 3am- or even try moby's where even old fogies like me have been known to go(too often!)
only other place i can think of, excluding all the other nightclubs, is a german bierkeller which is in carrer de la riera which is the street that runs along the back of the bunjee crane near the don juan hotel. the bierkeller is on the corner about 50 metres from the bunjee on the opposite side of the road. it is mostly germans and spanish but still may be worth a visit.
Awww thanks Jim your a mine of information aren't you.
We would be just looking to have a dance suited to 2 old farts I'm in my 40's and oh is in his 60's so anything 60's,70's 80's up to present day as long as it's not bloody rap,house,garage crap......you know what I mean.
We are staying in La Palmera hotel so everything should be pretty central for us.
Thanks again for the tips
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.