Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
login problem
20 Posts
I'm having the same problem too.

Chelle
The servers are being changed over,so its causing some problems, please stick with it, it should all be over and done with soon... then hold on to your hats... :cheers
:duh Sorry about this folks, TONG & TNG have been informed and are looking in to it so hopefully sorted soon. it is all to do with the various changed being made to servers etc
think they should be known as The Initial New Guy and The Other New Guy
Thanks AskCy and Kiltman for letting us know what the problem is, much appreciated.

Chelle :)
Appears to be something wrong with the cookie settings as the software is appending a SID to the URL which it shouldn't do ;)

Mark :)
Also the Search facilty doesn't seem to be working - things that could be found previously it now reports not found
I guess that the search index need recreating as it perhaps wasn't imported across from the old server.

As long as I use the go back function I seem able to stay logged in, but if I click on discussion forums I am straight out again :que then need to re-enter username and password. :(
hi Graham...can we keep it to TING and TONG....because TONG and TING is abit of a tong twister...and tings get awkward....tweetie
I think most people haven't twigged about using the back button as looking through there has been very few posts today.
It may take up to 24 hours for all ISPs to catch up with the changes and give their customers access. It was around 5pm before I managed to regain access and I was then having to repeatedly log on as I moved from page to page. That improved about 8.30pm, after that time I was only being logged out if I viewed the main forums page or used View New Posts or Search. Since around 9pm I have remained constantly logged on, no matter what pages I view.

David :wave
I must be one of the few who has had no problems today
You are obviously special Fiona :tup

xxx
:rofl
Only problem I had was that there wasn't much to read because no-one else could get on!
TONG reports that it should now be fixed:
The Other New Guy
Post subject: Re: NEW SERVER - LOGGING OUT ISSUE
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 pm

This should now be fixed for you all :)
You may need to delete all your cookies before it will work, so if you do that first then log back in. After which you shouldn't be getting logged out. :)
Cheers,
TONG

David :wave
Yes, it's fine for me now. I can even check out the various forums :tup
Or even quicker... press this link and then confirm and log in ;) :

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies

Sorry guys, issue was a php problem, as we had upgraded the servers php version before we moved you across. TONG fixed it and has more details. Sadly it wasn't as simple as a cookie issue.

Cheers

TNG
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.