Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
any members able to offer a review?? please post Here

thanks
wizard
Hi laingy

We stayed in the loli village apartments of July this year for a weeks holiday. The transfer to the hotel is around 2 hours from Thessaloníki airport so take lots of water as it can get very hot and flustered.

The hotels location is idea, as it is a straight walk down the road to the beach which is about 10minutes slow stroll, the beach is nice and clean, very long with lots of sun beds. There are lots of restaurants to choose from, and a variety of pubs as well, i recommend 'pauls' in the old square :) This area can get very busy at night with greek holiday makers as they have holiday homes there.

The hotel itself is very nice and clean, with a shop on site (this is very expensive so go to the shops in pefkohori for cheaper goods). The pool area is nice and they do snacks till about 5:00pm everyday, but get there early as the sunbeds will soon fill up. The bar does breakfasts and also evening meals. Anna on reception is Greece's answer to Sharon Osbourne her hair is very wacky :/ But she is very nice and will do anything to make your stay easier :) The rooms were very spacious with lots of room and well maintained. There are also some great day trip offered as well.

Hope this helps!
damneh

would you please post a report for members future use

thanks

wizard
Already done :)
Was doing it then spotted this, how canny is that? :p
hi damneh,thanks for all the info,as we are going in may im sure it wont that busy,on the other hand i dont really want it to be to quiet either.cant win really either way.i was told only yesterday that the resort is not that pretty,what is your opinion on this as most people seem to say all of greece is lovely.
thanks again
karen
Some bits are nice some bits are not, it depends what your taste is. The old square was very nice, with periodic building etcs, but if you want more of this then you have to go further a field, or go on day trips :)
Hi
As you come out of the Ioli Village and head towards the beach, there is a supermarket on your right hand side, before you go throught the tunnel. The owner has put this website together to tell people about Pefkohori.

http://users.otenet.gr/~dilma164/Pefkohori/

He also owns http://www.pefkohori.com which looks similar, but isn't actually the same.

We stayed at Ioli a few years ago and enjoyed it :)
Now, this last bit may sound daft, but Pefkohori is very Greek. By this I mean that it is not like many of the Greek islands that are geared up towards British/German holidaymakers. Pefkohori is more geared up to Greek and Bulgarian holidaymakers, so is "different".

Good time to practice your Greek :lol:

Καλεσ Διακοπεσ

Ady
Firefox translates Καλεσ Διακοπεσ as "Good interruptions" which I think is wonderful!
I have it as "Happy Holiday" or "Have a good holiday", but then maybe my Greek is not so good :wink:

"Interruptions" is better :D

Ady
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.