General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I personally think you will struggle with Greece/&islands also canaries, some cheap deals may be available to Turkey but watch out ... cheap holidays from the likes of goldtrail cause nothing but problems, the cheapest places at the moment [i too have been looking] seem to be Tossa del mar or Salou both in Spain... good luck

yasus
wizard
Why not nip along to your local independent agent and give your high street some support?

Otherwise check out Olympic Holidays website.. They have some great deals- I found 14 nts SC in greece (corfu) for about £250pp for 25th May with them today..

Only you know what would suit you acomm wise and what sort of resort.
you could try looking for flights with http://www.skyscanner.com you can search a whole month at a time so can find the cheapest days to fly. travel republic always come out reasonable for hotels, if you look on the specific forums i.e the turkey forum you will find hints and tips re transfers. Thanks to this site, we still have holidays :D and havent done a package for years now. good luck

hugs la x
Quick Rooms seems to be beating Travel Republic prices at the moment so check them out as well, together with Alpha Rooms, Low Cost Beds and Med Hotels. I've used them all in the past and never had a problem. Also, if you are considering d.i.y., you might consider the scheduled airlines, such as Ryanair and Easyjet. Even BA sometimes works out cheaper than the likes of Thomas Cook if you are flexible regarding which day of the week you fly.
Melissa Gardens S/C 9th june £604 side turkey barut Cennet Complex Hb 3* £1158 side from birmigham with thomas cook 14 nights for 2 adults.

http://www.baruthotels.com.tr/cennet.asp?id=389&islem=menudetay&catid=389 Barut hotels are good quality and the cennet has its private beach at the end of the gardens.

You real need to get on the web and look for yourself.
Direct Holidays
Cleopatra Superior hotel, Kardamena, Kos
14 nights
East Midlands - daytime flights
20kgs luggage, meals on plane included

Prices for 2 people
£848.80 on 18th June (click on 'get quote' as all the discounts aren't showing on front page??)
£834.80 on 4th June (ditto !)

Nice hotel (I went last year), plenty of restaurants/bars in the village about 3 mins walk away!
hi
thomas cook to turkey from e/midlands£722 for 2 people b/b . luton is £642 b/b for 2weeks . lanzarote £613 for 2weeks 11th june there are a few on t/cook not to bad priced from e/midlands and the other airports you mentioned also.zante is £545 for 2 people from e/midlands 14nights s/c
hope this helps :wave:
All with Portland Direct, for 14 nights for 2px, Ex East Midlands airport

4/6 - SC Crete, Astra Village, 808GBP
4/6 - B&B Zante, Katerina Palace Hotel, 820GBP
4/6 - SC Corfu, Michelangelo Village, 886GBP
8/6 - SC Icmeler (Turkey), Pinewood Apartments, 878GBP

HTH

Doe :wave
If you are looking for a cheap holiday, don't rule out AI. We go AI because it includes all the drinks and food, although you do have to research each hotel to ensure that what you get is what you think you will get. Quite often we just want to relax on holiday and having to figure out when, where or what to eat or drink next is the last thing we want to think about.
The odd times we have eaten out has cost us an arm and a leg, although some of the cafes in Benidorm appeared to be very "reasonable", which might have all changed since the recession.

When hunting for A/I holidays for us, I often get other boards mixed in with the search results and they are not necessarily the cheapest!

Watch out for the cheaper deals though as most of the times I research them, the reviews "put me off" is a polite way of saying it.
Steve has a good point. Try looking at your total budget, holiday cost plus spends and then consider what you want out of the holiday. If it's really for R&R then do consider AI as your total budget (Hol+spends) may get you a better standard of holiday than if you aim for s/c. A few years ago we went to Menorca S/C, ok appartments 2/3*, but we ended up spending so much on eating out, our total spend would have got us a 5* AI hotel. We haven't done S/C since. I know many people don't like the whole AI thing and we did fancy a change ourselves this year, but having looked at the state of the euro we knew that the fortnight would be all budgets and compromises if we did, so it's back to AI again.

Pam
Good point that Steve and Pat make about AI. It can work out really well for those on a very tight budget and you can still get plenty of sun, rest and relaxation. Lots of nice AI's in Turkey, Greece and in the Red Sea resorts. You will need to do a bit of research yourself though, checking prices and reading hotel reviews.
Totally agree with the last 3 posts, we actually fancied fuerteventura this year, but for the dates we wanted, sc was coming out pretty dear, coupled with the rubbish euro rate and an 8yr old who likes the treats, icecreams etc.
So I looked further afield at the caribean and it works out ( unbelievably) cheaper for us to go AL to jamaica !! nuts, I know, but you gotta go with the flow !
hope you find something soon ;)
Its alright saying cheap holiday but a budget to work to would help and save people wasting their looking for holidays outside your budget.

These is the best value A/I to side/belek turkey .

16th June Melas Holiday Village 4* side turkey 14nts A/I £1647 day flights from luton. Holiday with thomas cook.

Otium Hotel Zeynep belek Total holiday price £1558.00 4* A/I 11th June east midlands Holiday with direct holidays 16th and 23rd £1528 from luton 9th from luton £1478

A problem you will find with A/I people are opting for A/I this year because of the weak pound and for good A/I price have rocketed

Grand Captain 4*+ Alanya H/B 23rd from luton £1082. 11th and 18th £1112.00 from east midlands with direct holidays

Can Garden Resort 4* colakli side A/I 19th birmingham £1578 16th east midlands £1488 16th luton £1458 Arum Hotel 5* just refurbished side 16th luton, east midland £1460 with portland.

http://www.baruthotels.com.tr/arumresort.asp?lang=EN

http://www.baruthotels.com.tr/arumresort.asp?id=376&islem=menudetay&catid=376

These will give you some idea
In my opinion,The ebay thing is a waste of money. I took my chances and went for it. All the information on there is al for free on this site. Plus on holidaytruths you get personal reccomendations :D :offtop
Any way with everybody's help you will find the holiday that is right for you.

hugs la x
I have removed the content of the post in question.

Better off reading HT for tips and get these tips free of charge rather than paying for it ;)

Mark :)
Hi Ray,
I notice you haven't posted since your original query almost a fortnight ago? Are any of the above suggestions meeting with your requirements. It would help if you could update us before we keep churning out holiday after holiday for you. As someone else mentioned it would help if you gave us an incling to your budget.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.