Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
loveholidays
5 Posts
Love Holidays are only an online agent so usually book packages through a tour operator. I can't really see the point of booking through an online agent when you can book the holiday yourself direct on the tour operators website.
They are part of Hays which is the biggest Independent agent in the UK.
I book lots of holidays with Hays as I am not confident to book on line and they used Love Holidays for my holiday to Malta in April.
Lots of people book with them and have no complaints.
We booked our holiday with loveholidays.com in early January 2014.
We booked to go to Playa de Las Americas on the 29th December 2014.
We booked a specific apartment and specific area to be close to friends.

We payed all deposits and balances as required and received travel and accommodation vouchers confirming all was good.

On the 24th December, 5 days before we were to travel,and almost a year after booking,we received an e mail stating that our apartment was no longer available!!We were offered alternative accommodation about 3 miles away!

After many phone calls to state that this was unacceptable and to express our disgust and disappointment and bearing in mind the time of year we were fobbed off and told to contact again on the 27th December, 2 days before we were to travel. Hence the topic title "Spoilt our Christmas"

We called again several times on the 27th December asking for alternative accommodation in the same area as the place we booked to be near to our friends. Each time being told that they would look into it, e mail the resort and we would get a call back.We eventually received "one" call back in reply to around "ten" of our own!

After all this time, the call back stated that the alternative they offered 3 miles away was the only option, unless "we" were prepared to pay the difference in costs for a higher grade.(Shocking response).
We were also told that we could "cancel" ( 2 days before our travel) and look for an alternative ourselves! (Another shocking response).

We finally had to grudgingly accept the alternative offered as we did not want to give up our holiday. (Absolutely disgusted and raging).

We made the most of our holiday, but had to use taxis everyday sometimes 4 times a day! to be where we originally wanted to be. Probably paid around about 200 euros extra for these!

PS and our phone bill went up by around £40 as well with call waiting time!

We will not be using loveholidays.com again and suggest neither should anybody else who might be considering them!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.