Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
As long as they ABTA & ATOL registered you will have no problem if anything goes wrong.

Another precaution is to book by credit card to completely cover you, having said that, I have done DIY holidays for the last 15 years and have only ever had one problem with a firm going bust. The credit card re-reimbursed me in weeks. I also got compensation from ABTA. added to that my replacement holiday was booked through Thomas Cook they attempted to cancel 2 days before departure due to over booking. They inevitably set up another holiday to a 5 star hotel at the same resort for the same price. When we returned from holiday there was a cheque waiting for us from them for the inconvenience!! At the end we were paid to go on holiday - how good is that,

So go on book and enjoy :tongue
Both ABTA and ATOL bonding is subject to restrictions, if you hold the cursor over the ATOL logo on the low cost home page it will tell you some of them (but maybe not all!).

If you're booking a package (this isn't DIY in my book!) it's worth paying by credit card to get the extra protection. If you do real DIY try to book with a hotel that doesn't want paying in advance and/or get insurance designed for DIY travellers with accomodation supplier failure cover. It isn't easy to get airline failure cover or, more appropriate, airline changing it's mind and cancelling the route cover!
hi there i have used low cost beds not sure if these are the same peeps but if so i was happy with them and very surprised how smooth things went it is a bit nerving when you do a diy holiday but fantastic when all goes well.the only thing i dont like with diy is phoning a day before you are due to go home for your return transfer its just a reminder that your holiday is coming to an end
I booked flight and accomodation with Lowcostholidays last year and had no problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.