Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Georgecat, mmm, there's loads of choice, it depends what you want really. We're going on 28th September to the Platja D'Or just outside Alcudia. It used to be a Thomson Gold, but still doesn't take bookings from under 16's. Reviews are a bit mixed, but we know a few people who have been recently and really enjoyed it. We're in or 50's and had looked at the gold hotels, and they look fine, but not many A/I. Good luck in your search and I hope you have a great time whatever hotel you choose..Linda.
Have a look at INVALID URL most of these are family orientated but the Sa Coma Playa appears to be aimed at the more mature guest (hope you dont mind me putting it like that :) ) it also has v.good reviews and can be booked direct at a fraction of the Thomson Platinum price - you dont get the option of an all inclusive price till the last section of the quote screens....

You could also try http://www.barcelo.com the Barcelo Ponent Playa can be booked direct with an all inclusive option,.....
We're going to the Don Pedro on Tuesday, first time abroad for all of us. From what I have read on these boards it is in a quiet village, between Alcudia and Puerto Pollensa, the village is called Cala San Vincente. We're going AI and, due to the holiday company changing our flight times, have had to re book this holiday. We have managed to find a far better deal with Direct Holidays and we have saved quite a bit of money in doing so. I am not confident enough to DIY, but I have scoured the internet and have found that easyjet are doing some cheap flights and that alpharooms seem to be one of the cheapest on the net.

I will let you know how we go on when we're back, wish us luck.............hope you enjoy your holiday!!!!
Cala San Vincente is a beautiful bay, very quiet and relaxing with 2 small beaches, it is one of our favourite places on the island.
On the road into the area is a 5 star hotel and if you stop and have a look through the windows there is the most fantastic car collection on the island. I do not know who the owner is but it is very impressive, maybe someone does know who the collection belongs to? well worth a look as you can walk to it from the Don Pedro, also worth a visit to LLuch monastry, not far from you. i am sure you will have a great time,
Steve.
Copper, Cala San Vicente lies between Puerto Pollensa and the town of Pollensa - Alcudia is further to the east. Charming place but quiet. Pollensa town is lovely and well worth visiting. And Puerto Pollensa offers a lot more in the way of bars/restaurants etc.
How far would you say Alcudia is from Cala San Vincente??? Just found out that some friends of ours have just booked a last minute deal and will be staying in Alcudia. I did read a thread somewhere that the Don Pedro was operating a courtesy bus to Alcudia but don't know if this is still happening.
Many thanks.
By main roads it is roughly 13-14 kilometres to Alcudia town and a bit more to the port area or to what is often referred to as the "Bellevue area". There is also a back road from Pollensa that cuts a bit off the journey.

I'd be surprised if the hotel operated a bus to Alcudia, but maybe they do.

There are public buses from the Cala to Puerto Pollensa (five a day), the first going at 09:30, and then buses to Alcudia from Puerto Pollensa that run regularly and go to the old town and then onto the port and beyond. Taxis usually work out at about a euro per kilometre, but don't quote me on that!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.