Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi Mrs Miggins and welcome to HT!

You may get a better response if you post your query in our Flights Only forum.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci

I will try over in Flights only forum. :)

Mrs M
The flights are direct from the UK to Male, i am not a fan of the airline much prefer First choice. All I would suggest is from my experience upgrade if you can as its a long flight so extra leg, room , better food and better seating will help
Sg
Hi, done Monarch twice to the Maldives, strongly suggest you try to upgrade to extra legroom seats (need to ring Monarch direct for this - i think the number is on their website - flymonarch.co.uk) - or pre-book seats together with your tour operator then contact Monarch on the same number - you can then request specific seats - there are about 5 rows at the back of the plane which are in pairs rather than 3s and are much more comfy! Last time we went out extra legroom was only available on return so we requested the pairs on the way out and it was miles better than our last trip in standard seats!

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me for more info....

Callie
Thank you for your replies Thinmum and sg1. I will defintely try and get an upgrade. I am not that tall so legroom shouldn't be too much of a problem - I am more worried about my girth!!

I know I won't be able to sleep on the flight, so I will have to take a good book and some sudoku puzzles to keep myself amused. I keep telling myself I will forget all about the flight once I arrive in paradise!
We flew with monarch to the maldives a few years back - Definitly try and get an upgrade!!! They're premium seats arent too expensive.

Oh and we stopped in Bahrain for refuelling, the stop was VERY welcome! Plus Bahrain is very cheap!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.