Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi,
Out of Meeru and Club Faru I'd go with Meeru.
Personally I would have gone for 2 weeks on one island as they're not that much different from each other and you end up losing a day transferring.
If your on a tight budget have a look at Biyadoo. About 30ish minutes by speedboat I believe.
Have stayed at both Meeru and Lily Beach - and they have a very different "feel" - so think you will enjoy the contrast.(When we visited , we twin-centred with Bandos)

Meeru is busier considerably than LB but not exactly what you could call packed or lively!! I personally prefer to be that little bit further away from Male than Faru is - it's still close enough to get daytrips to Male should you want to - but it's far enough away from the city island to avoid the light pollution and aircraft on approach!!

There is a "Meeru" forum somewhere on the net that is worth googling as there is plenty of info on there about the island
Thanks Guys. Seems like meeru could be the place, altho i did look at biyadoo and i liked the idea it was so relaxed. Maybes i will keep looking, so if anyone as anymore input then i would love to hear it.

Sweet x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.