Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
malta-sicily
8 Posts
hi as regard the trip it depends how much you would like to visit Sicily! the trip its self is not very interesting, but then on the other side its the cheapest way to go to Sicily from Malta. if the wind is strong then the trip might be a bit enoying and lots of people will be sick
LOL thanx ross018...that looks like a dont bother...thanx for being honest its alot of money to waste.... :roll:
welcome its an ans from an honest Maltese person
Hi ross018
Can you tell me please were your previous comments really a "dont bother"? we are going to Malta in Oct. and had thought about the trip but it is a lot of money if it's not worth it . What is Sicily like? and how long do you usually get there with one of the trips.
thanks for any info you can give
mary
Sicily is a fascinating place, but a day trip from Malta is expensive and frustrating in that you will spend little time anywhere. I spent 10 days there, staying in 5 places dotted around the island, and driving from place to place - absolutely loved it. You can fly to Sicily from the UK for about the same price (if not cheaper) as going from Malta, and spend enough time to do it justice. Also, October - sea could be choppy
Hi again gozomark,
thanks for this info too. I think we will act on your advice and give it a miss, I'm no salor at the best of times. Do you have any advice on "swimming with dolphins" my 8yr old would enjoy that (I think).
Anywhere on Gozo we should particularly see? We did am organised trip over last time, do you happen to know if the trips all visit the same places of intrest ?
Thanks again
Mary :)
swimming at dolphins - if you do a search on this forum, there have been several comments - I've not done it - I know its expensive, but some have sais well worth it, others not, but have a read.

Gozo - most trips do the same thing - as you've been before, why not hire a car and explore yourself ? In Gozo - Citadella, Ggiganta, salt pans near Marsalforn, great walking - really depends on what your (and your sons !) interests are ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.