Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Pub just up the road from the Travelodge is"The Romper", IIRC, a few hundred metres away

Romper Menus are available here:

http://www.pub-explorer.com/lancs/pub/romper.htm
For those travelling at the moment, the latest airport money off vouchers are available for printing on Manchester Airports website.

Darren
you will be able to smoke airside at Terminal 1 from this summer as well as terminal 2.
Hi

We are thinking of checking in the day before departure with thomsons. I know they offer this service at Manchester but was wondering if anybody knew how this works and also has anybody ever done this. I am a little worried that our luggage may get lost!!!
pennyc,

If you use the search function at the lower left of the screen, you'll find lots of information. We also have a dedicated Thomson Airways topic with further information. Day before check-in and the procedures are described on Thomsons webite. There are pro's and cons of using it. If you are staying overnight in a local hotel, then it can be a time saver checking in the day before in the afternoon / evening when queues at the airport are minimal. Early to mid-mornings are normally busy and check-in can take a while. However, if it means you travelling to and from the airport just to check-in the day before, then return the following day, it might not be much of a time saver and when you factor in car parking charges, not cheap! Bear in mind hand luggage space will be needed for a change of clothes and there are security restcictions for liquids, sharps etc (toiletries?) that you may need to leave behind. All passenger must be present in order to check-in. Baggage is kept securely and won't miss the flight, don't worry!

Darren
can tell me what airlines fly direct to las vagas from manchester in october if any please
buster27,

Since Bmi (Lufthansa) pulled their long haul services from MAN to redeploy the aircraft (A332's) out of LHR, the only airline offering non-stop services from MAN-LAS are Thomas Cook (March - December). You have plenty of options if you want to transit through Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta or New York. Beware direct and non-stop are not the same!

Darren
thanks for the reply when u say non stop or direct flights arnt the same can u explain please thanks
A direct flight is defined as 'a flight between two points by an airline with no change in flight numbers, which may include a stop over at an intermediate point'.

A non-stop flight is defined as 'a flight that does not involve any intermediate stops to its final destination'.

As you can see, a 'direct' flight may include a stop whereas a 'non-stop' flight goes straight to your final destination. A subtle, but important difference that many are unaware of.

Darren
the holidays weve bin looking at are on thomascook website in october but its show the flight as Continental Airline via Philadelphia as were tryimg to avoid a stop of what days to thomascook fly to vagas non stop ? thanks
buster27 wrote:
Continental Airline via Philadelphia

And Newerk! Continental only fly from Manchester to Newerk so you'd then be connecting through PHL, 3 flights in total. US Airways operate non-stop to PHL from MAN. That's why it's important to understand aviation definitions. Thomas Cooks non-stop flights operate on a Wednesday;

Dep MAN Wed 09:35, Arr LAS 12:10, Airbus A330-200, Flight No: TCX043K
Dep LAS Wed 14:10, Arr MAN Thurs 08:15, Airbus A330-200, Flight No: TCX043L

Darren
Can anyone give me some advise please. 'Sir' has a problem with hand tremors and, especially when stressed, he has difficulty with hot drinks (or cold ones for that matter). On the last couple of flights we have been on I have asked for one of the covered polystyrene cups that they use for the pilots - unfortunately this has made him even worse as the cabin crew seem to have made an issue of it. I was thinking of taking an insulated cup (the one with a lid) with us this year but wondered if there would be a problem with getting it through security. The last thing I need is him to be even more embarrassed than usual ( he always gets stopped at security because he has false knees and they set off the alarms).
Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks> :cheers
prawn,

Cups aren't a restricted security item! You'll be fine taking it through security in your hand luggage, as long as it doesn't contain liquid of course. Lots of passengers travel with them.

Darren
Darren - many thanks for the reply. Was just bothered that it may have looked 'odd' on the scanner. No, that's just me!!! :rofl
prawn,

Security staff see allsorts so I wouldn't worry too much about an insulated cup. It's nothing compared to what i'll be taking through in 4 weeks; SeaPro marine video housing weighing 7kg!. The last time I took it through, I had to strip it down and the salt crystals were swabbed for drugs. It's made from 3/4" aircraft grade aluminium so x-rays don't penetrate it too well!

Darren
Travelling from Terminal 1, Manchester in a few weeks and wondered if anyone has used the ex lounges lately. We used Escape lounge Ter 2 in Dec and it was brilliant - thanks
Flying from terminal 3 in september with easyjet to dalaman, can anyone tell me what the facillities are like there? anywhere to eat, is there a bar? if any one has some pics of the terminal to post, it would be so greatful.

Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.