Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, Fethiye market is on a Tuesday and Hisaranou on a Monday, it is easy to get the dolmus you can flag them down anywhere but might find it easier on a market day to get them from the main stop as they tend to fill up. The main stop is on the beach front where the road out of the resort starts, you will see several waiting there and get directed to the right one. The taxi rank is there also so you could ask about a days hire, the prices for different places are written up.

The dolmus will stop by the markets and most people will get off, Hisaranou market is just off the main road you will see it. Fethiye is bigger but quite a few of the stalls go to both.

Have a great time!
lady,

thank you so much for taking the time to reply, your response was most helpful :)
And will certainly check out the taxis there too. Will bear in mind what you said about getting on the dolmus, we didnt use them at all last year and I am still unsure if I want to brave driving.

We fly out and home on a tuesday, so will have to venture there on the middle tuesday, which will please my son as he is so mad about football he does like his football kits LOL

If anyone else has any info, hints or anything that would be welcome too.

Thanks once again

Kind Regards, Karen x
Hi Karen

My name is Alison, will be staying at the Karbel from the 4th Aug until 11th Aug with my 2 children. Single parent myself, 1st time in Turkey.
Alison I will PM you :)
I know it can at times be a lonely thing being a single parent, especially if the kids make friends and disappear LOL
Hi Karen,

Just to add, it cost us 3.5ytl to Fethiye (adults) single.

We were advised to go in the afternoon as sooooo hot in the day. The market seems to go on until about 6-7pm .... if not laterand we got there by 330pm and was in full force. Still hot but no where near as stifling as earlier in the day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.