Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
single parents
16 Posts
A campsite full of mainly British peeps in peak season?

Yeah, im sure you will get chatting to a few people! I remember when i stayed in those awful old caravans when i went with Siesta (Boo!) many moons ago. The caravans were pretty poor, but the whole row of people were great (5 caravans in a row) and sometimes the whole row would sit together at night round one of the tables, and have some snacks and a few sherberts! :wink:

good times, and that was in July!
Hope so cider....

Whatever happens it will be good to be able to relax.. maybe try out those walks you recomended..
I just updated my site tonight, actually, so there are a couple of new walks on there! :)
Well worth doing, as it lets you explore the real area, not just the campsite!
OK cidermonster where is your site, I'd like to look round it please.

Helenxx http://www.smileycons.com/img/bonus/1008.gif
Just click on that wee WWW icon below my posts, Helen :)
...or go here http://www.jwebfalkirk.co.uk
Hee hee, it's amazing how many people dont notice the buttons! :oops:
Had a quick look see. Fantastic looking site; going into it tomorrow for a really good look around. Ah jimmys, many a great night spent in there :wink:
Yeah, Jimmy's used to be great......hasnt even been open the last two years when we have been there in May.....sign of the times, perhaps!

thanks for the nice comments about the site, it keeps me off the streets at night! :lol:
Actually when I have been on Holiday alone with my son before, ive made friends with his new mates parents...
  • Edited by pat62 2005-06-24 22:12:24
I have seen quite a few single parents with kids, so i wouldnt worry! :)
I'm a single parent and always take my kids on holiday without any other adult company. It's easy to get chatting to people, and it's surprising how many other single parents (and grandparents) you will meet, especially in a family-orientated hotel/complex. Don't worry, you'll have a great time! :D
I am going to castel montgri beginning of July, I have a 15 year old son who never has trouble making friends,

Im just a little worried about the reports ive heard of teenagers being thrown off the site for anti social behaviour??

Which is fair enough if they are ruining other peoples holidays,

however I think ive read somewhere on this site that the security guards are anti brit?? Anyone know if this still goes on?? Cheers
pat I have to say that Ive never found the guards to be anti Brits. I think the case may be that the guards don't speak a great deal of English, but why should they. If you are behaving and living by the rules of the camp then the guards don't bother you. At the end of the day they are only doing their jobs and making the camp a better place for you to enjoy your holiday.

Helenxx

PS you don't have to post the same question on three different threads, someone will answer you on one and it confuses the issue.
cyber thanks for the reasurance....

Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.