Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
It gets dark around 7-8pm, but the days are really warm and sunny with the odd overcast day. I went the first 2 weeks in October last year, everything was still open and still lots of people around, but not bustling. We had 1 overcast day and rain one evening. I wore a cardigan 2 evenings out of the 14, so cant complain.

You can expect to have some thunderstorms at that time of the year, but they soon pass for the sun to come shining through again. Its my favourite time of the year.
thanks for your help turkeyconvert,thinking about going the first 2 weeks in october,was in hisarano last august and found it very hot, october sounds as if it will be a bit cooler,but still hot enough for the beach.
Great time of year to go, Been in October ever year for the past 6 years, It rained on only one occasion in one evening for 6 hours, I never seen rain like it, Daytime is great and expect temperatures to go near 40.
We normally go to Marmaris 3rd week of October (approx 17th), we have been really lucky with the weather so far, did feel it a bit cooler at night but during the day it was lovely and warm. Only thing I would say is we stayed in the Armutulan area of Marmaris and a lot of the bars/restaurants had closed down by then, however if you walked towards the centre of Marmaris it did get busier :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy anyway :cheers
I'v been in Marmaris quite a few times in October and the temp has never been in the 40's you may get a day or two of rain bars start to close around the last week in October.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.