Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
They been doing this all season, Inflating prices my guess is their's a lot of handshakes with the three companys taking tourists to Turkey, Do a Diy holiday your self it will work out cheaper.
Same happened to me with holiday village, had a price waited a few weeks as hubbie wasnt sure on hols etc.
It actually went down by about £300 for the family, stupidly i waited one day and i should know not to as years ago i was a travel agent anyway it went up to more than the original price i had only by about £50 but still jump of about £350 in a day !
Now its more again so im glad i booked when i did!
I Found This Also. I Was Watching A Holiday and It Increased In Price Drastically.
Ive DIY-ed It and Got It Alot Cheaper. :D
In the last few days I have been looking at prices with First Choice for summer 2010 and the price jumped every day by £100. I think that they monitor interest in particular holidays and the more the interest the more the price hike. At this rate they are going to price themselves out of the market!
yes its happened to me too, with a few hotels ive written prices down yesterday to egypt for next summer with fc and thomsons they have all gone up over night ,1 with an increase of £300 grr. sadly the diy prices are coming out more at the moment as there isnt many flights available yet, so im going to risk waiting i think, i know easy jet fly there so hoping their prices will be more reasonable when they release them for next year :duh
School holidays are coming up so as always the Holiday prices shoot up :cry
Keep watching ... in my experience, they go down by those large amounts as well. I booked my holiday to the Dominican Republic last year because the hotel I really liked dropped by nearly £1,000!
I booked my niece and hubby plus two kids up to go to Lara beach next year for two weeks for £2100 A/I i just printed the paper work off and went back into it to book another family up and price had shot up to £5200 its stupid with in a matter off 5 minutes.

So if you see a good price on net i would say book it while you can don't ponder over it there is still some bargain out there its just been lucky enough to find them :tongue
Celine - sounds like the price you got was a pricing error....unless you took the last room of that type and you are being quoted for a suite or some sort of an upgraded room!

I got Royal Dragon for £4700 with Direct Holidays and Thomas Cook had verbally quoted me £5700 - I grabbed it quick. It was taken off sale the next day because of a pricing issue. Thomas Cook are still selling it for around that price, although it has dropped about £500-ish now. Still more than I paid though.
The more hits the web page gets the more the price will go up. If i find a holiday i like the look of i make a note then don't return to that web page til i'm ready to book. The holiday company can tell what hotels, on what date and from what airport are being veiwed and ajust prices accordingly.
Also those with kids will sometimes find its cheaper to book the kids as adults, this year i saved £250 by booking my 14 and 11 year old as adults as opposed to listing them as kids.

J.
Out of curiosity, just googled our holiday and price has shot up by £400. :que
The price of flights for antalya next year, all toup ops over £400.

I have a feeling now the mergers are out of the way there could be some price fixing going between the 2 big boys, it happen with BA and virgin so why not tour ops.
we booked our holiday in march to go to mexico in september we looked at it and it went up by 50 the next day so we thought we had better get it booked before the price went up too much and a few days later the price had gone down by 100! i've just looked at the same holiday an its still 62 cheaper than the price we originally paid!!!
The price we paid for Laras Beach is a sea view room aswell ive doubled checked the paper work and every thing is right i booked it on here through Eclipse web site. x Really happy with our bargain holiday x
i am in utter shock!! i booked my holiday for june 2010 with thomson and 3 weeks later its gone up 429 quid thats ridiculous!!
3 grand omg thats insane! how long is that after you booked it?
believe it or not i no sooner printed my invoice documents off i went back into the site to book another room for a family member and it had gone up to that price i just couldnt believe it :que
thats unbelievable. how they can do that i really dont know!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.