Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, just got back from olu deniz and saw the Mavruka hotel it is open now, didn't stay there but walked around and had a look, looks very nice. Lovely pool and good position. It has a web site http://www.mavrukahotel.net we might give it a try next time we go to olu deniz so let us know how you get on if you go this year.
Lady, whereabouts exactly is the Mavruka. It is supposed to be near the beach and not far from the lagoon, I was in Olu 2 years ago but cannot work out where it could be. I am hoping bobdabuilder does a review when he returns, I think he may be back in a couple of days.

Thanks
Hi, Not very good at directions!! It is the second road on the right as you walk up the main pedestrian strip from the beach to the back of the resort. The road is opposite Joseph's restaurant, running behind the Asena Beach Hotel. I don't know if last time you went the Marcan Beach Hotel was open with the Cherry Chow restaurant on the side if it was the Maveruka is next door to this. Hope this is some help!!
I think I know where you mean now. I remember seeing The Marcan Beach Hotel next to Cherry Chow, it was very close to being finished and ready to open. I don't think their website is accurate though when it states 80m to the blue lagoon.
Hi - We've just stayed at the Mavruka and it definitely isn't 80m to the Blue Lagoon. It is the same as the other hotels near to the shops and bars.

I will post a review shortly in the review section.
Here's our review of the Mavruka.

We are just back from Olu Deniz and stayed at the Mavruka hotel for 10 days.

The hotel itself is new (opened at the beginning of May) and it states in a few brochures that it was 3 star but may possibly go for 4 star status. In my opinion it was 3 star in terms of what was on offer.

The hotel is located across the road from Sun City and Asena Beach and the main advantage that it has is it's location. It is very near to the beach, 50m or so but just far away from alot of the noise of the bars and clubs late in the evenings.

As it had just opened I think that the staff were still finding their feet but they were very friendly and helpful without being over-bearing. The hotel itself was pretty much half empty but I assume this is just because it was mid-season and with it being a new hotel.

We stayed half board and although we never had breakfast we did eat there sometimes in the evening. The food was good and there was a large selection of mesas as well as a main course and desert. There is a separate bar and seating area next to the swimming pool.

The rooms were adequate and I think in all there are around 70. There is air-conditioning included and a small fridge to use for water etc which was realy handy and at no extra cost (not a mini-bar). You do have to pay for the safe deposit box which they charged a £1 per day to use.
There is also a TV and some channels such as BBC World and VH1, the rest being German or Turkish. Each room has a small balcony.

The pool was large and excellent to swim in, if a little dirty at times. I'm not sure whether they were turning on the filtration or not but on a couple of days it did look really murky and on others completely fine.

Another complaint would be to do with the room being cleaned. On 3 or 4 days we found that the room hadn't been cleaned. However, a call to reception and the room was cleaned within the hour.

Although Olu Deniz wasn't our cup of tea the hotel was good. I can't compare it to other hotels in the area but it was generally clean, comfortable and it's location is it's key advantage.

Hope this review helps others who are thinking of staying there.
Thanks for the review, although I am even more undecided now. I have a flight booked but not sure about the accomodation. The Mavruka was an option along with the Belcehan Beach deluxe, but they are both about £200 more for the room than The Karbel which gets good reviews. I am not sure now whether The Mavruka warrants the extra cost. Having a dirty pool and problems with room cleaning are not good points. :(
Hi Beegee - One of the factors of our holiday was that my wife wasn't feeling too well before we went away and during the holiday so we really noticed alot of things that maybe we wouldn't have normally. Maybe I was a little harsh in some respects.

We didn't leave the room till late morning sometimes so this could have accounted for the room not being cleaned on a few occaisions. When we mentioned it to reception, they actioned it immediately.

They had some problems with the irrigation/water supply for watering the hotel gardens and maybe the pool being dirty once or twice was linked to a water supply problem or they were simply having teething problems (The pool was dirty the first day we arrived and ok after that). This didn't stop us using or enjoying the pool which was the best pool of any hotel that we have used on any of our holidays.

I mentioned that Olu Deniz wasn't our cup of tea however if we were to go back we would definitely use the same hotel. It looks very modern, is clean and not overbearing in terms of over eager staff. The bar manager and his staff were excellent. They would chat non stop if you wanted to or if you were having a quiet moment or didn't want disturbing they would leave you be.

One other point is that when we checked out we paid our bar bill by credit card which had a 5% charge. It was 2am in the morning and they made a simple error with the payment ie) added an extra nought! They rectified immediately and as compensation didn't charge the 5%. Basically the staff are very professional and apologetic when there is something wrong.

And as my wife wasn't feeling too well when we ate it the evening (we were half board) and alot of the food was spicy she was eating mainly plain rice, potatoes and veg. When she was chatting to the bar manager she mentioned that she wasn't feeling too good he said simply to let him know and he'll arrange with the chef any food/meal that she wanted rather than the standard half board menu.

I suppose that how the staff are, is as indicitive as how the hotel looks. Basically the staff where great and I think in my original review I did the hotel a little dis-service in this respect.

On a final note, if you are a fan of pool, they had a brand new full size American pool table installed in the bar area on the day that we were leaving.
Review added in the hotel review section
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.