Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
My sister in law and her husband had check ups last year. I think they went to Dr Tito's in Calangute. I think it's near Kamat holiday homes.

Sorry to be a bit vague. I can probably get more info if no-one else can help.
By far the best (in my opinion), is the health check offered at the Apollo Victor hospital in Margao. They do a range of options depending on your needs. The comprehensive check including Haemogram, biochemical Parameters, Lipid profile (cholesterol, cardiac risk ratio), Liver function tests and general tests including ultra sound abdomen screening, Aids test, ECG, pap screen for women, plus more, including lunch (you're there all day from 8.30 am is around $85. If you require the phone number pm me xxx
Try Matthew Braganza Hospital in Calangute. My OH had 2 x consultations with Dr. and chest X-ray's all for 200rps. I am sure they would do full medical check as well.
Many thanks for the advice received so far. I have since learned that Vrundavan Hospital (near to CWT's Mango House) is also good and it's not too far to hop in a taxi. Anyone who's been there or knows of someone who has and was impressed with service etc, feedback would be appreciated.

Counting down to the 25th now and can't wait for sunshine, sea, sand and all that is Goa - particularly as today is wet, windy and miserable in London!! :(
Vrundavan Hospital in Mapusa do an excellent health check up. There are various pacakages depending on how thorough you want the check up to be. The tests take all morning, you come back in the late afternoon to pick up the results, and go through them with the doctor.
PhilinGoa - thanks for that.
Can I assume that you've had a medical check up there? If so, grateful for a pm (or a message on the site) as to how you went about it, i.e. did you just turn up and ask at "reception", and have the relevant check-up immediately or did you have to discuss a package with a doctor, make an appointment, pay in advance, return at the appointed time etc etc etc - sorry so many questions but I would like to be fully prepared with as much info as possible. Thank you so much! 8)
Tissiewallis: PM sent. Phil
PhilinGoa: PM sent to you.
to save posting about pms go to your profile and tick "yes" for pop-up window alert for new pms. That way you can't miss any new pms
Only a personal opinion but i have been to both the Vrundavan (Dr Naik), husband with high blood pressure, friend with non hodgkins and like I said before, I would reccomend the Apollo xxx
Turn the big 4 oh in February and i too am interested in any further posts on this topic. Goibg toCalangute in March and this Mot thing had crossed my mind.
BillyBlueNose - have sent you a PM.
My sister's husband was hospitalised in the Vrundavan Hospital in Jan 2007 for a suspected heart attach. In 2 hours he was stabilised and in 4 hours had all the tests ECG, Echo etc and all results. She said the care he received was excellent.

He was hospitalised again Saturday 17th Feb for the same reason in Wales, and it took 9 hours to find a bed and a further 6 to finalise tests and results. Her view was the hospital in the Uk looked better but the level of service, speed of service and diagnosis left a lot to be desired.

Hope this helps
On a negative note re the Victor Appollo, I sent them an emai a week before I arrived on the 3rd Feb. saying we would be in Goa for two weeks and required M.R.I. scans done on both of Helens knees and could they email me re appointments. We received nothing and consequentley had them done at the Saida M.R.I. Scan Centre in Bambolim. The day before we left Goa we got a belated email from the Appollo stating a systems failure for the past thee weeks !! Incidentally the Ortho. Consultant who saw Helen yesterday remarked that the M.R.I.s and accompaning written reports were first class, the bad news was that Helen needs two knee repacments ! Alan
tissie, your not gonna believe this but iwent and deleted your pm before i wrote the phone number down that you sent me. :oops: Couldnt send it again could you :?:
Vrundavan Hospital, Mapusa, tel. no: to make appointment for health check is: 0832.225.6397. Billy B'Nose / Alan - have sent you 2 PM's in last 48 hours, check your In-box. Anyone else interested in detailed run-down of the procedure, pls don't hesitate to PM me - happy to help.
cheers tissie, wrote it down this time :oops:
Can recommend the MRI centre in Bambolim if anyone knows they need an MRI scan. Hubby had one in 2004/5 for £50 The films together with a really informative report were ready in 48 hours. This then led to him having an operation we knew he needed and which the NHS consultant finally agreed to after reading the scans report
cheers
Lyn x
PS anyone needing the full address let me know
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.