Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I havent got a clue but have you tried googles translator? It does Spanish which I assume would be very similar to majorcan? Maybe not though!

It won't be in sentences but you should get the jist of it!
Thanks Chivas but the differences are too great. I have Spaniash nationals close by and they were lost with it.
Most Spaniards don't speak a word of Catalan - it's as much a mystery to them as it is to most Brits!

Where are you Bruckshaw? My son speaks pretty good Catalan, and can probably help a little. Maybe you could scan it and email it, and I'll ask him to look at it. Can't hurt.

If you're near the South West anytime let me know.

Cheers

Adam
Adam.

Thank you for your kind offer.

I will try to scan it in a moment or two. It is mostly in italics so OCR may not work.

I am in Cheshire but the matter is a little urgent. I cannot tell if the letter is asking me for some kind of reply within a limited time scale.

Eric
Adam,

I have scanned to document but am uncertain how to send it to you (or your son).

My email address is (Removed)
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2008-02-14 12:42:39
    To remove email address for member's security
Hi Eric

Received letter, and it appears quite legible.

I can pick out a few words, and it does appear to give you 30 days, but I'll get Steven to look at it as soon as he's home this evening, and hopefully email you with at least an outline.

I think he'll be quite pleased all those hours of studying a "dead" language has been put to some use!

Cheers

Adam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.